Backcountry Forum
Backpacking & Hiking Gear

Backcountry Forum
Our long-time Sponsor - the leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear

Amazon.com
Backpacking Forums
---- Our Gear Store ----
The Lightweight Gear Store

WINTER CAMPING 

Shelters
Bivy Bags
Sleeping Bags
Sleeping Pads
Snow Sports
Winter Kitchen

SNOWSPORTS 

Snowshoes
Avalanche Gear
Skins
Hats, Gloves, & Gaiters
Accessories

ULTRA-LIGHT 

Ultralight Backpacks
Ultralight Bivy Sacks
Ultralight Shelters
Ultralight Tarps
Ultralight Tents
Ultralight Raingear
Ultralight Stoves & Cookware
Ultralight Down Sleeping Bags
Ultralight Synthetic Sleep Bags
Ultralight Apparel

the Titanium Page
WM Extremelite Sleeping Bags

CAMPING & HIKING 

Backpacks
Tents
Sleeping Bags
Hydration
Kitchen
Accessories

CLIMBING 

Ropes & Cordage
Protection & Hardware
Carabiners & Quickdraws
Climbing Packs & Bags
Big Wall
Rescue & Industrial

MEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

WOMEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

FOOTWEAR 

Men's Footwear
Women's Footwear

CLEARANCE 

Backpacks
Mens Apparel
Womens Apparel
Climbing
Footwear
Accessories

BRANDS 

Black Diamond
Granite Gear
La Sportiva
Osprey
Smartwool

WAYS TO SHOP 

Sale
Clearance
Top Brands
All Brands

Backpacking Equipment 

Shelters
BackPacks
Sleeping Bags
Water Treatment
Kitchen
Hydration
Climbing

Backcountry Gear Clearance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#185034 - 05/12/14 05:58 PM Ultralight car keys?
balzaccom Online   content

Loc: Napa, CA

Do you carry your car keys with you on the trail, or you do hide them at the car? There is no point to carrying extra weight, and car keys certainly fall into that category. I leave all of my keys in the car EXCEPT the car key itself. That goes in my pack.

Or do you really practice ultralight backpacking, and leave the car key artfully hidden somewhere so that you don’t have to tote the extra weight? (And no, please don’t tell me or anyone else WHERE you hide those keys…)

Of course, true ultra-lighters will either take public transportation to the trailhead…or buy a car with keyless entry!

Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963

#185035 - 05/12/14 06:20 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: balzaccom]
BZH Offline

Loc: Madison, AL
I take my key with me... along with my drivers license, a credit card, and some cash. Its my reintegrating into society emergency kit.

I'm still trying to figure out what trailheads have public transportation.... and keyless entry still requires a FOB which is heavier and bulkier than a key.

Edited by BZH (05/12/14 06:20 PM)

#185038 - 05/12/14 06:40 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: BZH]
OregonMouse Online   content

Loc: Gateway to Columbia Gorge
I don't dare leave anything in my car that might be of interest to one of our many local car clouters. That includes any personal info.

I figure it's worth it for peace of mind to take my car key, drivers license, auto insurance card, auto registration, one credit card, debit card, a couple of $5 and a $20 bill, and a small piece of paper with emergency contact, medical and health insurance info on it. Total in a zippered snack bag is 1.8 oz. All other ID is left at home.

Re the car key, I take just the key, not the electronic remote gizmo which, as BZH points out, weighs more than the key.

Also, while on the trail, I treat my backpack as my purse and never leave it alone!

Edited by OregonMouse (05/12/14 06:42 PM)

#185042 - 05/12/14 07:19 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: BZH]
Glenn Roberts Online   content

Loc: Southwest Ohio
I also carry the keys, cash, license and insurance cards. Put them in a small snack-sized ziploc, and you're really not talking about enough weight or bulk that your pack becomes a crushing burden.

#185045 - 05/12/14 07:41 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: balzaccom]
Rick_D Offline

Loc: NorCal
I leave the fob and remote in the car and take the key only, tethering it to my Leatherman Micra so if lost, I get double the fun.

Cheers,

#185073 - 05/14/14 04:14 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: Rick_D]

Has anyone had any luck with those credit-card style plastic keys? I was given a free one with my most recent car, but it wouldn't work. That was 8 years ago, and perhaps the technology is more advanced? Certainly less weight and bulk than a metal key.

#185074 - 05/14/14 04:25 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: OregonMouse]
BZH Offline

Loc: Madison, AL
Pretty much all new cars have the electronic chip in the key which means they no longer have those plastic keys for new cars. If you can find a place that will cut one for you I doubt the quality would be any better (more likely worse) than what you got 8 years ago.

#185076 - 05/14/14 04:54 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: balzaccom]
aimless Online   content

Loc: Portland, OR
I understand the impulse, but if I will need to return to my vehicle and drive myself home after a backpack, as opposed to being picked up, I always take the car key with me in the most secure place in my pack. I also bring my driver's license and oftentimes a debit card and a bit of cash. I deem these as necessary weight, like a First Aid Kit and PLB.

#185078 - 05/14/14 05:24 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: aimless]
Glenn Roberts Online   content

Loc: Southwest Ohio
Good point on storage. Mine are on a ring, so I just clip them into the clip inside the hood pocket on the pack. I rarely have to get into that pocket so it's pretty sure to stay there. The cards and licenses go in there too, or in the pocket on the bottom of the hood pocket - again, someplace not likely to get opened.

#185083 - 05/14/14 07:53 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: balzaccom]
squark Offline

Loc: SF bay area, CA
I keep them in my zippered pocket, which I check obsessively every time I get up. Sadly, I don't trust the other users of the trailhead enough to leave them behind. Maybe I need to head out to more remote locations.

ETA: I did use public transportation to get to Point Reyes.

Edited by squark (05/14/14 07:54 PM)

#185100 - 05/14/14 10:08 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: balzaccom]
ETSU Pride Offline

Loc: Knoxville, TN
Like others mentioned, I take my car keys, ID, debit card, health insurance card, and maybe cash if I have it with me. I leave rest of my wallet at home. I don't know how much that weighs, but it not going have material effect on my body when hiking. (It may not even have an immaterial effect!!!) Hike your own hike!

Edited by ETSU Pride (05/14/14 10:08 PM)

#185105 - 05/15/14 08:34 AM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: balzaccom]
Dryer Offline

Loc: Texas
Depends on where I am. If the area is protected, like a State Park or National Park, I'll bring only ID and the little plastic emergency key provided by Toyota. It's a slick little credit card thing, or hide one on the car somewhere. Otherwise, I'll bring wallet and keys. It's also good to make sure my hiking buds know where everything is in case I become room temperature during the hike.

#185125 - 05/16/14 12:30 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: Dryer]
snapper Offline

Loc: NY
Depending on where I'm actually going I may put my key in one of those magnetic holders and leave it with the vehicle. Other times I take just the key and in some places I leave the vehicle unlocked. So far each strategy has worked where I've done it so no complaints as of yet. For ID I'll typically take my college ID card along with a $20 bill for that "just in case" situation.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...Be well.

snapper

#185136 - 05/17/14 02:14 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: balzaccom]
anicinabe Offline

Loc: Ohio
I used to have a manual tranny car..I would put the ignition key in a ziplock baggie and roll the tire on to the key..They could search forever and not think to look under the tire for the key...the door key was in a hide-a-way magnetic box..

#185423 - 05/28/14 09:43 AM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: anicinabe]
Sunkmail Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC

#193102 - 01/09/16 06:55 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: balzaccom]
Johannes Offline

Loc: NE
I take my car key with me, no fob.
For extra safety, you could temporarily disconnect your battery while you're on the trail. This will deter most amateur thieves.
Another option is to leave your key hidden in your vehicle and use a club on the steering wheel which takes a smaller, lighter key or a combination lock, like this one.
Whatever you do, don't leave anything of value in your vehicle for other people or for animals.
Hope this helps. Cheers!

#194346 - 03/18/16 10:23 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: ETSU Pride]
Jim M Offline

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula, WA
I have a light weight wallet or two I use for just the essentials when i am hiking. I have only a house key and car key on my key ring. I clip it on the inside of my backpack so it is near impossible to loose on the trail. You could put it in a plastic z-lock bag and hide it 100 yards up the trail and 10 feet off the trail under a log or rock.

#194352 - 03/19/16 01:51 AM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: balzaccom]
BrRabbit Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Both situations happened to me this winter -

a) I was camping about 2 miles from my car. Decided to take a walk in the morning to it to pack some extra gear only to find out that I don't have my keys with me.... Good lord, I found them in my hammock.

b) We were on our last leg about 5 miles left to my car, were crossing a public road and decided to drop our backpacks and sleds and hike light to the car and drive back to pick the gear... I nearly left my outer jacket with the car keys inside that backpack... It would be fun to snowshoes for 5 miles in fresh deep snow only to realize that I need to go back for 5 miles and do it again.

These situations made me think that hiding the keys a short distance off the car a mighty good idea. Besides, there're no valuables in my car, and if anyone wants to steal the car itself, glass window won't stop him.

#194354 - 03/19/16 08:09 AM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: OregonMouse]
wgiles Offline

Loc: Central Illinois near Springfi...
I took a cue from the travel shows, who suggest a money belt to protect your valuables from pickpockets. I regularly lose stuff from my pockets, so I use a flat zippered pouch with a cord that I wear around my neck. I put the paper stuff, like my fishing license or permits in a 3" X 4" zipper bag inside the pouch. It's light, unobtrusive and it hasn't gotten lost, yet.

#194357 - 03/19/16 02:47 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: balzaccom]
aimless Online   content

I take my car key with me when I backpack. I consider my car key to be part of my critical emergency/survival gear. Like the rest of my critical emergency gear, I always know where it is and keep it with me always.

Generally, I place it inside my pack inside a small drawstring pouch filled with my valuables, such as my driver's license, debit card, and a 3x5 index card with some important phone numbers written on it. If I go more than a very short distance from my pack or my camp, it comes with me.

#194360 - 03/19/16 05:59 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: aimless]
BrRabbit Offline

they aren't good without the car, are they?

#194361 - 03/19/16 06:01 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: BrRabbit]
aimless Online   content

No. The car is equally useless without the key. However, you are welcome to pursue a different strategy. I'm happy with mine as it is, thank you.

#194674 - 03/31/16 05:21 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: balzaccom]
WVhiker Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I prefer to leave my keys at the car. Just that dreaded thought of returning to my car after a 20+ mile hike only to find that somehow someway i lost my keys on the trail would be a horrific experience that i plan to avoid. Especially if you are several hundred miles from home in a very remote area, which is a common practice for most of us hikers

But i also understand that areas like trail heads and long term lots are like a magnet for criminal activities. I have never had any bad experience but i am sure there are plenty out there that have. I also drive an old beater probably the last car someone would want to try and steal lol.

The new key-less start vehicles which are becoming the new standard however i think could pose a threat to both sides of the fence, since water (possibly even dew), sub zero temps or even dropping your pack off your shoulder on a hard surface could cause it to malfunction. I guess only time will tell but for the foreseeable future i think i will continue to hide my keys at the car.

#194676 - 03/31/16 11:02 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: balzaccom]
wandering_daisy Offline

Loc: California
Key with me. My pack has a clip for keys. Cash. Never know when I have to bribe someone for a ride back to my car if I bail out at a different trailhead. Drivers License and credit card, in the first aid kit.

My car is old and trashy. I doubt anyone would want to steal it. My bigger fear is that the car will not start due to some mechanical problem after sitting at the trailhead for weeks. I leave a small amount of cash in the glove box. Sort of tricks a thief into not looking further.

Food and cell phone are issues. No food can be left in the car due to bears, but I like to have some emergency food. I have an old Garcia bear can, so I put the food and toiletries in it and set it near my car. I have never had any trouble with this. I hide the cell phone in the car. Problem is that often I cannot remember where I hid it! When I get home I have to call my cell phone to find it.

#194677 - 03/31/16 11:50 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: wandering_daisy]

Originally Posted By wandering_daisy
Key with me. My pack has a clip for keys. Cash. Never know when I have to bribe someone for a ride back to my car if I bail out at a different trailhead. Drivers License and credit card, in the first aid kit.

This. I do the same thing when I ride my bike. I don't carry a wallet or keys, but I do take along and extra $40 just in case I really need a ride. I've only used it once, and it was well worth it.

Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963

#194680 - 04/01/16 12:29 AM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: balzaccom]
WVhiker Offline

You know i have never put much thought into carrying my I.D, i have always carried a few bucks with me since i often thumb a ride back to the car, but i think i will start to carry my I.D. as well from now on.

#194686 - 04/01/16 11:35 AM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: WVhiker]
the-gr8t-waldo Offline

Loc: Tacoma, Washington
My car key is an electronic fob. When I get to the trailhead I disable the fob by taking out the battery and tape the fob to an underside of an engine hose. The battery in the spare tire cavity. In the future I'm going to start leaving all the paper work at home....I rarely get stopped by authorities, and am going to assume that most would understand my motivations. The entrance combination code gets written inside of my pack, with a sharpie. On the trail I carry about three 20's' drivers lic., and one c.c.

#194689 - 04/01/16 01:09 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: the-gr8t-waldo]
Rick_D Offline

A CHP told me that they'll accept paper copies with the address obliterated or smartphone pics of them. Too many folks get ripped off via stolen garage openers and without an address a remote becomes moot.

Cheers,

#194691 - 04/01/16 02:19 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: Rick_D]
BrRabbit Offline

I was once stopped by a police officer driving my friend's car and without driver license (forgot my wallet that day) for speeding...

After I explained the situation, and provided all my information by memory (and the officer verified it on her computer), she let me go with a "driving without license ticket" and "speeding _warning_".

If not for Conceal Carry License, I'd leave my wallet home every time after that accident smile

PS My Driver License _never_ has my valid actual home address.
PPS I'm not hiding it from the police, they have my address on file, but to show where you live to every cash register person ("May I see your ID please" when you buy something expensive with a credit card or just a bottle of wine, sound familiar, huh? - Yessir, sure sir!)... No way

Edited by BrRabbit (04/01/16 02:23 PM)

#194699 - 04/02/16 07:11 AM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: BrRabbit]
bluefish Offline

How can you have a different address on file? Are you in the witness protection program or in the CIA? A LEO? In my state that's a fake ID and an offense. Unless I was scoring a pound of heroin with my credit card, I don't think I'd be too worried about getting tracked down by a cashier.

I leave my keys inside a crunched up paper coffee cup under the cap of my empty pick up bed. The key to the cap I place in my hitch receiver. On short trips keys go in a hip belt pocket that is never opened. I almost never carry money, but will in a few days in the Grand Canyon, as we are camping at Bright Angel the first night of this trip (re-doing the South Kaibab) and want some goodies from the Phantom Ranch canteen. I also have reservations for dinner, having done it once before. Sitting around a plank table eating family style with people from around the world is not something we get to do very often. Diversity is not one of the advantages of rural living.
The worst key experience we've had occurred 3 years ago in the Grand Canyon at the Mather Campground on the South Rim. My wife had placed the key to the car sitting in long term parking back in Albany, NY on the picnic table when we were sorting gear. She wanted to hide it with other valuables in the rental car. A raven came down when she walked away and stole the key!!!! It was an expensive ordeal to replace the electronic key and get the car retrieved. She now keeps it clipped with a 'biner to something no matter what! After that incident, we've left my truck at the airport using the above mentioned method of key hiding. We'll be doing just that in a few more hours.

#194703 - 04/02/16 10:53 AM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: balzaccom]
WVhiker Offline

My license does not have the correct address on it either. But i do not do this intentionally. I have lived in 5 different locations in 2 different states within the last 2 and a half years. Switching I.D. from state to state can be a hassle not nearly as big as switching car registration though Grrrrr (thats a whole other subject). But the address on my current license is for my parents house even though its not my current residence i feel that it is sufficient.

#194707 - 04/02/16 02:02 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: bluefish]
Rick_D Offline

What a story!

With that kind of luck you should hike New Zealand. Rent a Kia and eventually a kea will steal your Kia key.

Cheers,

#194709 - 04/02/16 03:20 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: bluefish]
wgiles Offline

Loc: Central Illinois near Springfi...
I wondered about that too. I'll have to ask if I can get my license without the street address printed on it. A few years back, I would not have given it any thought, but with identity theft all the rage, it might be possible.

#194712 - 04/02/16 05:15 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: bluefish]
BrRabbit Offline

Originally Posted By bluefish
How can you have a different address on file? Are you in the witness protection program or in the CIA? A LEO? In my state that's a fake ID and an offense. Unless I was scoring a pound of heroin with my credit card, I don't think I'd be too worried about getting tracked down by a cashier.

No, I am not. When I moved from one place to another - I submitted a change of address form for DL online. They asked if I want a new DL for $15 or contempt to keep using the old one with my old address for free smile Guess what was my choice.

I guess, another, simpler solution would be to just put a label or a stripe of a ducttape over the address part of DL. I bet a cash register clerk would not insist on taking it off (as long as he could see your birth date and name match). If someone has a legitimate need to see your address, it's simple to take it off and put it back on right after it. That's what I'll do when my current one expires and they send me a new one with the address on file.

Edited by BrRabbit (04/02/16 05:17 PM)

#194713 - 04/02/16 05:21 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: WVhiker]
BrRabbit Offline

When I lived in California, I opened a mailbox and got DL with the mailbox address. I moved around a few times, but never had to change the address...

But moving from state to state, ... I was so eager to get my WI DL back, I changed the DL the next day I signed lease.

#194714 - 04/02/16 05:54 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: BrRabbit]

I remember a strip of tape being used once for address change (I think it was in Nebraska in the 1960s), but that wouldn't fly these days since your Drivers License is the ID you need to get on an airplane.

#194725 - 04/03/16 02:49 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: OregonMouse]
BrRabbit Offline

And how often do you have to take a plane? And do you know for a fact that TSA won't accept an ID with a covered address?

#194730 - 04/03/16 05:15 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: BrRabbit]

Very boring reading: Minimum Standards for Driver's Licenses and Identification Cards
Acceptable by Federal Agencies for Official Purposes
Federal Register January 29, 2008 per the Real ID Act of 2005.

Among many other things, the Feds don't want anything on the DL that could easily be altered.

I fly about once a year, but all three of my sons fly frequently (at least monthly) for business purposes. The one who lives in Washington (a non-compliant state) will soon have to start carrying his passport instead. although the Feds keep extending the deadline.

Edited by OregonMouse (04/03/16 05:16 PM)

#194734 - 04/03/16 07:16 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: OregonMouse]
BrRabbit Offline

Well, you pick what is more important to you - revealing your address to strangers in everyday transactions, or carrying a passport once a month to the flight.

I'm perfectly happy with my DL, it doesn't have my current address, so I don't need to hide it (and I flew several times using it). When time comes, and my state sends me a new DL with my address, I'll find a way to mask it.

#194736 - 04/03/16 08:28 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: BrRabbit]
JustWalking Offline

Loc: PNW
I can't remember the last time someone asked for my license as ID. Of course, I'm not young at all, so perhaps that helps. But I've purchased expensive goods with my credit card and not been asked for ID. I've purchased scotch at BevMo and not been asked for my ID. Etc. So for me it's just not a concern.

#194737 - 04/03/16 08:59 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: BrRabbit]

Originally Posted By BrRabbit
And how often do you have to take a plane? And do you know for a fact that TSA won't accept an ID with a covered address?

I fly about 140,000 miles per year, so I either take my license or my passport (depends on my destination.)

I have also learned that it is possible to take four flights in a single day without any photo ID at all. It isn't fun, but it's possible.

#194764 - 04/05/16 09:19 AM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: OregonMouse]
ndsol Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas
I realize that we have veered off the original topic, but a few notes about some points that have been made.

1. Real ID continues to receive push back from the States, so it will not be implemented anytime soon. Can you imagine the chaos if the Feds decided to do so and all the residents of States with non-compliant IDs could no longer use them to travel, etc.? Not that many of us actually have an alternative such as a passport. So the Feds continue to say they are acting benevolently in extending the implementation when in actuality the States are raising the unfunded mandate issues.

2. If you don't want to carry your passport all the time, consider getting a passport card. That works for the TSA ID check and the card does not have your address on it like your driver's license does.

3. Merchants are in violation of their agreements with credit card companies if they require to see your ID to complete the sale e.g. MasterCard (however, Discover does permit this, which is one reason I don't have one). I have had some issues with merchants (e.g. Fry's), but have always been successful to date.

Now for my TSA ID check comment. They are fairly worthless. The TSA's mission is to keep WEI (weapons, explosives and incendiaries) off of planes and out of the airside areas of airports. ID checks do not further this mission. In addition, they are not checking against a database, they are checking one piece of paper against another to see if they match. And yes, you can fly if you have no ID; otherwise what happens to those that lose their ID on a trip?

Edited by ndsol (04/05/16 09:33 AM)

#194775 - 04/05/16 01:22 PM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: ndsol]
aimless Online   content

what happens to those that lose their ID on a trip?

Read "The Man Without a Country" or watch that Spielberg movie where Tom Hanks lives in an airport lounge. grin

#195010 - 04/21/16 02:33 AM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: balzaccom]
ndwoods Offline

Loc: Santa Cruz CA, Sierra Hiker
I work at 911 and take at least one call a week where someone's car was stolen cuz they hid the key...just sayin

#195126 - 04/27/16 09:49 AM Re: Ultralight car keys? [Re: Rick_D]
bluefish Offline

Originally Posted By Rick_D
What a story!

With that kind of luck you should hike New Zealand. Rent a Kia and eventually a kea will steal your Kia key.

Cheers,

Not as lucky as one might think. When we stayed in Mather Campground in the Grand Canyon Village again a few weeks ago, the rangers were warning people to leave nothing on their picnic tables , ESPECIALLY shiny objects, as a raven had made off with someone's car keys, again. Not common, but not unheard of. In the extremely unlikely event we ever make it to New Zealand, I'll make sure to rent a Toyota to at least eliminate the chance of irony.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Highest Quality Lightweight Down Sleeping Bags

Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags

Lite Gear Talk - Featured Topics
Backcountry Discussion - Featured Topics
Make Your Own Gear - Featured Topics
Featured Photos
Spiderco Chaparral Pocketknife
David & Goliath
Also Testing
Trip Report with Photos
Seven Devils, Idaho
Oat Hill Mine Trail 2012
Dark Canyon - Utah
Who's Online
2 registered (), 174 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Noodles, McCrary, DanyBacky, Rashy Willia, WanderBison
13240 Registered Users
Forum Links
Disclaimer
Policies
Site Links
Backpacking.net
Lightweight Gear Store
Backpacking Book Store
Lightweight Zone
Hiking Essentials

Our long-time Sponsor, BackcountryGear.com - The leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear:

Backcountry Forum

Affiliate Disclaimer: This forum is an affiliate of BackcountryGear.com, Amazon.com, R.E.I. and others. The product links herein are linked to their sites. If you follow these links to make a purchase, we may get a small commission. This is our only source of support for these forums. Thanks.!

Since 1996 - the Original Backcountry Forum
Copyright © The Lightweight Backpacker & BackcountryForum