Backcountry Forum
Backpacking & Hiking Gear

Backcountry Forum
Our long-time Sponsor - the leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear

Amazon.com
Backpacking Forums
---- Our Gear Store ----
The Lightweight Gear Store

WINTER CAMPING 

Shelters
Bivy Bags
Sleeping Bags
Sleeping Pads
Snow Sports
Winter Kitchen

SNOWSPORTS 

Snowshoes
Avalanche Gear
Skins
Hats, Gloves, & Gaiters
Accessories

ULTRA-LIGHT 

Ultralight Backpacks
Ultralight Bivy Sacks
Ultralight Shelters
Ultralight Tarps
Ultralight Tents
Ultralight Raingear
Ultralight Stoves & Cookware
Ultralight Down Sleeping Bags
Ultralight Synthetic Sleep Bags
Ultralight Apparel

the Titanium Page
WM Extremelite Sleeping Bags

CAMPING & HIKING 

Backpacks
Tents
Sleeping Bags
Hydration
Kitchen
Accessories

CLIMBING 

Ropes & Cordage
Protection & Hardware
Carabiners & Quickdraws
Climbing Packs & Bags
Big Wall
Rescue & Industrial

MEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

WOMEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

FOOTWEAR 

Men's Footwear
Women's Footwear

CLEARANCE 

Backpacks
Mens Apparel
Womens Apparel
Climbing
Footwear
Accessories

BRANDS 

Black Diamond
Granite Gear
La Sportiva
Osprey
Smartwool

WAYS TO SHOP 

Sale
Clearance
Top Brands
All Brands

Backpacking Equipment 

Shelters
BackPacks
Sleeping Bags
Water Treatment
Kitchen
Hydration
Climbing

Backcountry Gear Clearance

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#182816 - 02/12/14 02:12 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: BZH]
Toddlers Offline

I'll have to check out quilts more when I get home, cause so far all these I've looked at are way more than I can spend. I could possible do $150 for each of us for sleeping systems, but that'd include the pads too. Think I'm just going to have to go with cheap gear then and take extra clothing to sleep in.
I'd do the Kelty Cosmic 20's but then I probably can't afford pads then, or decent cheap ones.
Like I said I'll look more when I get home. Up at hospital with son for a few more hours and I don't like researching things using phone.
Thanks

Edited by Toddlers (02/12/14 02:14 PM)

#182819 - 02/12/14 02:37 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: Toddlers]
OregonMouse Online   content

Loc: Gateway to Columbia Gorge
Pads--can you sleep on a CCF (closed cell foam) pad? If not, can your son sleep on one (my 13-year-old grandson does). If so, you can get them for $15-$30 each. Be sure to test sleeping pads in the store and again at home, where you should spend at least one night, maybe two, on the floor, while you can still return them. Your first night on the trail (when it's hard to sleep anyway) is not the time to find out your sleeping system is uncomfortable!

At least check for EN13537 ratings on the sleeping bags. If none, add 10-15*F to the manufacturers' ratings. Also, watch the girth issue--the bag needs to fit over all your insulating clothing without compressing the insulation (you may need that for extra cold nights). Finally, compare weights; if you have to go synthetic, some synthetic insulation is warmer for its weight than others.

Please keep us informed how your son is doing. We care!

#182825 - 02/12/14 04:03 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: Toddlers]
rockchucker22 Offline

Loc: Eastern Sierras
Originally Posted By Toddlers
I'll have to check out quilts more when I get home, cause so far all these I've looked at are way more than I can spend. I could possible do $150 for each of us for sleeping systems, but that'd include the pads too. Think I'm just going to have to go with cheap gear then and take extra clothing to sleep in.
I'd do the Kelty Cosmic 20's but then I probably can't afford pads then, or decent cheap ones.
Like I said I'll look more when I get home. Up at hospital with son for a few more hours and I don't like researching things using phone.
Thanks
My pad alone cost more than $150. Maybe get one set up the another a month later. In the long run good quality gear is worth every red cent.

#182826 - 02/12/14 04:30 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: rockchucker22]
Heather-ak Offline

Loc: Fairbanks, AK
On the other hand, getting out there is the most important, IMO. If you have to start out with cheap gear, at least you find your pain points! I have a very cheap tent, which having used it for several years I can now scientifically support why I need a new one (though I'm still getting a sideways look from the accountant... oops sorry husband) - AND I can tell you what I want in a tent! Hubby bought a bunch of equipment for one trip we went on and, in my opinion, some of it wasn't right equipment for how we hike. If we had made do, we would have made better purchases later after he remembered how heavy things got after a few miles grin

Now of course I'm saying this within safety margins. If you hike in the rainy area of Washington state, you probably should have decent rain equipment or only hike in warm temperatures. If you hike in Alaska, you shouldn't skimp on your sleeping bag (well... _I_ wouldn't feel comfortable skimping on my sleeping bag.)

#182827 - 02/12/14 04:36 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: rockchucker22]
Toddlers Offline

We won't have money the following month. Our son has cancer, I had to quit my job to take care of him and we were a low income family before that. We don't own or believe in credit cards, everything we own is paid for. When we get a nice tax refund that's when we buy our big money items, if we don't have a nice refund (like last 3 years) we get nothing and just keep using/living with what we got.
This year we got a decent one, so we would like to get some camping gear, since one of the reasons we left Iowa was to get to the outdoors.

But if we're unable to get good gear this year then it could be another few years till we get a chance...oh well, we'll be here around all this beauty for the rest of our lives to enjoy.
But i'm still going to try to get us something nice/decent that'll work.
And I agree with buying quality gear, it's just we can't always do that.
Thanks again

#182829 - 02/12/14 04:47 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: Heather-ak]
Toddlers Offline

Yeah I agree. We've never had nice gear, always walmart gear when we camped back in Iowa and it was the experience of being out there camping that made us not care what kind of equipment we had.
But I realize camping in Idaho up in the mountains while backpacking everything in iscompletely different then what we're used too....and that's why we're SOOOOOOO Excited about doing it.
I'm going to have to go through what we can get buy with spending and put a certain % towards a certain piece of equipment and go from there.
I'm figuring from the sounds of it the Sleeping Bag would get the highest % of $ spent on it?
Then I'm guessing after bag it is Pack, Tent, Shoes, Clothing, Misc. gear...something like that.
Well probably be camping in Sawtooth Mountains for first few times since that's only a couple hours away. So if we can only go in summer, than that's better than nothing.

Also our son is doing very well now.
He was diagnosed with stage 4 Ewing Sarcoma cancer. It's a rare cancer that affects mainly children. Only 200 cases a year get diagnosed. He was given a 35-40% chance of survival.
He gets chemo every other week and we're in the hospital 3 to 6 days depending on what type of chemo they give him.
It's scary watching people hang up bags of poison in hazmat suits and then run that same stuff through your kids veins.
BUT
He's doing well, He's gone through half of his Chemo treatments and had radiation to his hip (main tumor) and his lungs (where it spread too).
The main tumor had shrank 90%! before the start of radiation on his hip and that was half way through his entire treatment. Treatment is supposed to last 8-12 months and he was diagnosed at the end of July; happen to be our middle childs birthday. frown
The Dr's like to mention how Amazingly well he's doing, and I just tell them it's in his genes, he can't help it.

Well that's about the jist of it. That's the very Short short short story with just the basics.
It's been a tough, long road, but like I say, We're human and adaptable.

Edited by Toddlers (02/12/14 05:03 PM)
Edit Reason: Update on Son's Situation

#182831 - 02/12/14 05:08 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: Toddlers]
BZH Offline

Loc: Madison, AL
I'm figuring from the sounds of it the Sleeping Bag would get the highest % of $ spent on it?
Then I'm guessing after bag it is Pack, Tent, Shoes, Clothing, Misc. gear...something like that.

That sounds like a good priority. Many people get by very well using normal everyday shoes and clothes. Some people have a horrible time because they try to hike miles and miles in big, heavy, clunky, expensive hiking boots that they never broke in. If there aren't many insects were you are going, many people use just a tarp and ground cloth instead of a tent.

If you are handy with sewing Ray Jardine sells pre-assembled quilt kits. They use synthetic insulation, but otherwise high end shell and are supposed to be pretty nice: http://www.rayjardine.com/ray-way/Quilt-Kit/index.htm

#182834 - 02/12/14 05:30 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: BZH]
Toddlers Offline

Yeah I'm not sure if there are bugs up in the mountains. I actually suggested to my wife we just do a tarp and ground cloth, but she wasn't fond of that idea, just in case there are bugs up there.
I don't know how to sew and I know my wife doesn't either, but maybe she knows someone that can.
With clothing we just plan on hitting up a few thrift stores.
Fleece, Wool, Polyester, and Nylon right? Are those all the materials to look for.
Going to go check out that Site and see what they got there and if it's doable then I need to talk to the wife and have her start asking around to see if she knows anyone that can sew.
Thanks

#182835 - 02/12/14 05:36 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: Toddlers]
ETSU Pride Offline

Loc: Knoxville, TN
You know, maybe for sake of keeping gears cheap and still getting out there (which is what really important as well as being safe.) , is it possible to just camp at campground, and go hike trails and back to campground? If the cheap gears fail or something happened you at least have safe margin of the car with ability to seek help.

First time I ever went backpacking, the temperature dropped to 32. I was using a "30 degreed rated" Coleman sleeping bag that my brother had. I shivered all night long....

You mentioned you didn't want camp in temperature below 40. I was hiking during first weekend of June. A little rain came through and at 6,500 feet the temperature dropped to 36 degrees.. IN JUNE!! I can imagine the mountains in Idaho be just as cold during summer months at elevations. So, that why I'm thinking maybe do some camping at campgrounds in national parks and forests, and explore trails with panoramic views then hike back to campground.. Just getting out, hiking all day, stay within safe confine of campground until your son's health improve and your financial situation improve, then you can advance. Also, this may not be ideal, but you can rent gears. Depending on vendor, they may require credit card hold incase equipments get damaged. So, maybe suffer a short-term loss to see how backpacking will play out in long-run for your family before splurging.

#182837 - 02/12/14 06:01 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: Toddlers]
wandering_daisy Offline

Loc: California
For me, the items that make most the difference between being comfortable and miserable are shoes, sleeping system (bag and pad), and backpack. All are require an individual fit.

Shoes are the hardest for me. I honestly think just wearing over-sized comfortable running shoes with Smartwool socks is the best way to go if you stay on trails. Most people really do not need boots.

A sleeping bag is like a pack - you have to get inside it and see how it feels and fits. I would not go cheap on the sleeping bag - it has so many other uses - not just backpacking - car camping. I even have unzipped my down bag and used as an extra comforter on my bed at home. There are good medium priced down bags - in the $250-300 range on sale. Personally I would not buy a used bag. The yuk factor is just too much for me. (I also will not sleep in my husbands bag for the same reason). You can wash a bag, but never truly sterilize it.

A moderately comfortable pack is OK with me. I have gone years with a pack that theoretically does not fit me. If you are packing weights in the 25 pound range, less than perfect is OK. If on the other hand, you are doing 40-50 pounds, a better fit and pack is needed. Almost all my packs cost about $150 or less. (my sleeping bag cost $500) There are TONS of sales on packs. Thing NOT to care about in a pack - color. Do not assume that all women need a woman's specific pack. Depends on your body build. Try both women's and men's. Women's packs are built for narrower shoulders. If under 5'4" women's packs probably will fit better. In fact, if short you may want to try a kids pack. But if you are a bit taller and wider, a man's pack may fit better. I am currently using a Golite Quest. I do not think they make that one any more.

#182839 - 02/12/14 06:09 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: ETSU Pride]
Toddlers Offline

Well looks like I better try and get us some warmer gear, lol.
Cause I'm not camping at camp ground here. I've done that a few times a year, every year, for the past 30+ years.
I'm in Idaho I plan on going back country.
I'll just have to spend more on bags than I want and we'll just get cheap(er) packs then.
I can't rent gear as I don't own any credit cards.
I prefer not to camp in temps below 40F, but really as long as it's warmer than 40F during the day, I really don't mind.

I'm really liking the cost of the Quilt Kits. For $125 I can get a double for wife and myself. For $150 I can get a double that they say is warm down to 10F.
Now I just need to find someone that sews, lol.
Otherwise I'll just end up getting us nicer bags so I don't have to worry about my wife and son.
Also, the son going camping Isn't the son that has cancer.
Our Oldest son has cancer, our youngest son likes to camp and our Middle son likes cat videos, lol.
We wouldn't be able to go until after all of our sons' treatments, which at the latest will be the end of July....hopefully. Even if we can't go this year we still want to get the gear, because we're not sure when we'll be able to next time.

Well it seems after looking more, that the Quilt kit isn't Down. I thought it was at first, but after reading more on it finding out it's not.
So I'm considering the Kelty Cosmic Down 20 (or the 21?) now for each of us + a decent sleeping pad, I'm watching a couple Q Core's on ebay.
Hoping the bag + decent pad + Thermals would keep us warm enough if it got down in the 30's.
Also if I got us a 20F or even 0F bag, would that make too warm to use in the summer or say 50-60F temps?

Edited by Toddlers (02/12/14 07:14 PM)

#182850 - 02/12/14 08:00 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: Toddlers]
rockchucker22 Offline

We won't have money the following month. Our son has cancer, I had to quit my job to take care of him and we were a low income family before that. We don't own or believe in credit cards, everything we own is paid for. When we get a nice tax refund that's when we buy our big money items, if we don't have a nice refund (like last 3 years) we get nothing and just keep using/living with what we got.
This year we got a decent one, so we would like to get some camping gear, since one of the reasons we left Iowa was to get to the outdoors.

But if we're unable to get good gear this year then it could be another few years till we get a chance...oh well, we'll be here around all this beauty for the rest of our lives to enjoy.
But i'm still going to try to get us something nice/decent that'll work.
And I agree with buying quality gear, it's just we can't always do that.
Thanks again
Sorry to hear your going through some family issues! I truly hope it all pans out.

It has taken what seems a lifetime to get all my gear, but easily got by on old gear. Keep an eye out on used gear and REI garage sales. Great equipment can be had for pretty good prices. Post WTB/WTD on the classified section, I'm betting many would be able to donate gear to help you out.

#182852 - 02/12/14 08:33 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: Toddlers]
ETSU Pride Offline

Right on. Keep searching you bound find clearance and good deals. Backcountry.com having decent mark down on random gears.

Feel free to ask any questions. Everyone else already cover what I could suggest. I just wanted make sure you knew about temperatures can strongly vary at elevation. It could be 60 degrees at your house, but on the mountains in backcountry during the same day it could be 40 or less! cool I've slept in late July on a mountain that on the Tennessee and North Carolina border that was 53 degrees at night with very low humidity. Can't imagine what that be like in Idaho since Idaho further up the latitude line and elevation can be higher, depending what part of Idaho you're in. I hope to see pics soon!

#182853 - 02/12/14 08:44 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: rockchucker22]
Toddlers Offline

I'm sure all will work out.
Yeah I love shopping on ebay and getting deals, not much for garage saleing though, but I use CL and Ebay alot.
I'll look into the WTS forum, but not looking for any donations. Thanks though

Yeah I think I'm going to get decent bags.
Think I might just get some Kelty Cosmic Down 20's for us; Campmor has them for $150 for normal and $140 for small.
And looking at the Klymit Insulated Static V since those can be found for $70. So that'd be about $650 for sleeping gear for us...now to me that seems like ALOT for JUST sleeping gear, but I realize it's not and that's why I can convience myself to splurg for those. Hoping those will work for now, cause that's pushing it for me on finances for just the sleeping gear.

Thanks for help and tips. Even though I have decided to get the Kelty's and Kyrmit's, I'll still look around for something that's better/cheaper until I make the actual purchase, which may not be for a week or so...just depends on how soon I find ALL the gear I want.

Edited by Toddlers (02/12/14 08:45 PM)

#182867 - 02/13/14 12:33 AM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: Toddlers]
Toddlers Offline

Found a tent I'm thinking of ordering.
The Sierra Designs Lightning HT 3 is on sale for $220 at REI.
only about 5.5lbs for 3 person tent. From what I've seent that's on the lighter side.
Was going to look on ebay and see if I can snatch up a deal, but I may just snatch that up at REI.

*EDIT* Also interested in the Mutha Hubba. Actually that was one of the first tents I read about and maybe that's why I still favor it.
I don't know, but I'm going to keep looking around.
It's hard not to start ordering things when you have the money for them.

**EDIT** Ok now I'm interested in the Nemo Losi 3 simply because it's wider than the other 2 and seems to have more floor space.
Ahhh how exhausting researching can be.

***EDIT*** Also looking at these sleeping bags I just realized....I'm a stomach sleeper and never sleep on my back, lol. So not sure how a sleeping bag with a hood will work. I guess I could just lay my head on the hood of bag.

Edited by Toddlers (02/13/14 02:51 AM)

#182871 - 02/13/14 08:58 AM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: Toddlers]
ETSU Pride Offline

I don't know anything about those tents. As for sleeping bags, I'm a side sleeper. I'm skinny enough to where I can lay on my side in my sleeping bag. As far as the hood goes, I have been able clinch it tight when needed, but I don't fret too much if I'm on my side and hood becomes useless because if it real cold I tend sleep with a wool hat anyway. My quilt don't have a hood, so the hat has been plenty warm.

When I don't use the hood of my sleeping bag, I just make sure it clinched/rolled up where heat don't escape and draft don't get in. You can make it work, it just take a little trial and error.

#182875 - 02/13/14 12:15 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: ETSU Pride]
Toddlers Offline

That's cool. I'll keep that in mind.

Yeah I like the Sierra plus it's on sale, but seems like it sits high and it can get pretty windy here. Not sure about up in the mountains though. I read a review where a guy said his collapsed on him in high winds.

I like the Mutha Hubba....for some reason, maybe it's just the name I like, lol.

And I like the Nemo Losi 3 just cause it has more floor space then both the others and it looks like it'd handle windy conditions well.

#182877 - 02/13/14 12:23 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: Toddlers]
BZH Offline

Loc: Madison, AL
REI has Big Agnes pads on clearance right now. Similar specs to the Klymit (and will have REI's warranty): http://www.rei.com/product/871752/big-ag...al-buy#specsTab

Check out the Tarptent Rainshadow for a shelter: http://www.tarptent.com/rainshadow2.html

or cloudburst 3: https://www.tarptent.com/cgi-bin/surfsho...ategories=00010

#182889 - 02/13/14 03:55 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: BZH]

Big Agnes has, I understand, a lifetime warranty on their pads (check their website to be sure). REI now gives you only one year. In that case, after the one year, it's the manufacturer's warranty that is more important. Buy the pad (and everything else) where you can get the best price (google shopping can help). Which of course may be REI with the current sale!

www.campmor.com often has lower prices, especially when selling closeout models. Another place to check.

Edited by OregonMouse (02/13/14 03:59 PM)

#182892 - 02/13/14 05:25 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: OregonMouse]
Toddlers Offline

Yeah I've been checking out Campmor as some of the items I was looking at was cheaper there than REI or Moosejaw.
REI, Campmor and Moosejaw are the 3 places I've been checking. Well those and Amazon and Ebay.

I didn't know Big Agnes has Lifetime warranty on items.
I do know the Klymit is wider than others and I liked that. Plus I like the horizontal air pockets more than the vertical tube type pads.
But I'll keep my eye on those BA pads just in case I change my mind.

I was thinking of atleast buying the packs at REI, but I'm not sure yet. Cause with what I would spend already on sleeping gear I may just have to get us $100 Teton packs from Amazon.
But I'm still looking, researching and contemplating on what to get, so I don't know.
I think the ONLY gear I'm definitely planning on right now are the Kelty Cosmic Down bags and still Kyrmit Pads....for now.

#182899 - 02/13/14 09:51 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: Toddlers]

Another question--how big/heavy is your car camping tent? It it isn't too bad, maybe you can use it for a while and not have to buy one for a year or two. You can divide the parts among the family. Of course if it's a 10-pound tent, forget that idea!

#182901 - 02/13/14 10:30 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: OregonMouse]
Toddlers Offline

Our car tent is a giant 3 room Swiss Gear tent. Probably something like 16x20, So it's pretty heavy.
Looking at the Kelty Trail Ridge 3 person tent. I can find it for $180 and seems like a decent tent.
I kinda have (most of) our gear picked out except our packs now.
Wife wasn't happy when I showed her what the total currently was at, so now I kinda have a limit, lol.
But I still plan on buying atleast her and my son a nice pack from REI after we get our gear. I'm going to probably just tough it out with a Teton bag.

#182902 - 02/13/14 10:38 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: Toddlers]
rockchucker22 Offline

Sounds like your well on your way.

#182903 - 02/13/14 10:45 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: rockchucker22]
Toddlers Offline

Yeah, going cheaper on tent than I wanted, but that's so we could get the Kelty Cosmic Down bags.
I don't want to skimp on packs for wife and kid, but I will for me to save $100 or so.
Yeah I'm pretty close to ordering all our gear I think. Just making sure I'm not forgeting any small misc items before I do order.
Going to go through some gear lists and start marking things off now and see what's left that we'd need besides packs.

#182961 - 02/17/14 01:33 PM Re: Hello all. ?'s about packs (womens) [Re: Toddlers]
Toddlers Offline

Well I ordered the majority of the gear, only maybe few smalls things and the Packs is all we'll need now.
Ended up getting the wife and son each a Kelty Ignite 0F DriDown bag. So that'll help me feel better knowing they should be plenty warm enough when we go. I got me just the 20F.

Ended up getting the Kelty Trail Ridge 3P tent. Ordered a small stove and couple cans of fuel, Suunto Compass, some therma-rest pillows, Some SOL emergency blankets, (2) Sawyer Mini water filtration systems and a few other items. Spent more than I wanted, but I feel better knowing we have decent sleeping bags.

We also went to some thrift stores and bought quite a bit of polyester, nylon, or fleece clothing. We found some really light wind breaker pull overs, found us each a wool cap. I have 2 sets of base layer clothing and a pair of Fleece pants and a Fleece pullover. I think I have most of what I need except synthetic undies and hiking socks.
Think my son has most of his clothing, but not the wife, need to find her more base layer clothing and hiking pants.

Would like to get some decent socks for us, was thinking of checking and seeing how expensive Merino wool socks would be.

Well I got a sick feeling in my stomach when I ordered most of this gear..lol. I didn't want to spend anywhere near what I'm going to end up spending in the end, but....it'll be for a good cause. Cause the Sawtooth Mountains are only 3 hours away and we've been looking at pictures and videos of hiking trips...and that is something we MUST do and see, soooooo beautiful up there.
So in the end it'll be worth it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Shout Box

Highest Quality Lightweight Down Sleeping Bags

Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags

Lite Gear Talk - Featured Topics
Backcountry Discussion - Featured Topics
Make Your Own Gear - Featured Topics
Featured Photos
Spiderco Chaparral Pocketknife
David & Goliath
Also Testing
Trip Report with Photos
Seven Devils, Idaho
Oat Hill Mine Trail 2012
Dark Canyon - Utah
Who's Online
0 registered (), 209 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Noodles, McCrary, DanyBacky, Rashy Willia, WanderBison
13240 Registered Users
Forum Links
Disclaimer
Policies
Site Links
Backpacking.net
Lightweight Gear Store
Backpacking Book Store
Lightweight Zone
Hiking Essentials

Our long-time Sponsor, BackcountryGear.com - The leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear:

Backcountry Forum

Affiliate Disclaimer: This forum is an affiliate of BackcountryGear.com, Amazon.com, R.E.I. and others. The product links herein are linked to their sites. If you follow these links to make a purchase, we may get a small commission. This is our only source of support for these forums. Thanks.!

Since 1996 - the Original Backcountry Forum
Copyright © The Lightweight Backpacker & BackcountryForum