So here is my dilemma. Finding the balance of insulation with activity. I would love to find a synthetic fill mid layer for those really cold windy days that I won't get too overheated in.

I tend to run VERY warm and most hikes in the Northwest I just wear a next to skin layer (Under Armour Heatgear) with cotton-T and I'm good just about year round. If it gets cold put on a hardshell and I'm good down to about 30 as long as I have a pair of light gloves and keep moving.

Now I'm in the high Rockies and that doesn't work, especially when I get up on the slopes on those crazy weather days. Looking to draw on the group here to find a nice solution that will work. Here are the options I have found so far:

The North Face Animagi
The North Face Sharp End
Marmot Variant
Mountain Hardwear Compressor
Mountain Hardwear Zonal
Patagonia Down Sweater
MontBell Thermawrap BC
Patagonia Micro Puff

I am ok with down but would prefer synthetic. I want it to pack into stuff sack...either its own pocket or small stuff sack (not sure how well the ones with stretch material pack). The thumb hole option is a nice perk since I tend to do some above head reaching etc but it's not a must.

I'm thinking the options with stretch on the sides/arms will be the best option for temp control but I just don't know enough people with this gear to give me some really good opinions.

Bottom line: I need a decent mid-layer that's good for a hot body and can pack small.