Backcountry Forum
Backpacking & Hiking Gear

Backcountry Forum
Our long-time Sponsor - the leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear

Amazon.com
Backpacking Forums
---- Our Gear Store ----
The Lightweight Gear Store

WINTER CAMPING 

Shelters
Bivy Bags
Sleeping Bags
Sleeping Pads
Snow Sports
Winter Kitchen

SNOWSPORTS 

Snowshoes
Avalanche Gear
Skins
Hats, Gloves, & Gaiters
Accessories

ULTRA-LIGHT 

Ultralight Backpacks
Ultralight Bivy Sacks
Ultralight Shelters
Ultralight Tarps
Ultralight Tents
Ultralight Raingear
Ultralight Stoves & Cookware
Ultralight Down Sleeping Bags
Ultralight Synthetic Sleep Bags
Ultralight Apparel

the Titanium Page
WM Extremelite Sleeping Bags

CAMPING & HIKING 

Backpacks
Tents
Sleeping Bags
Hydration
Kitchen
Accessories

CLIMBING 

Ropes & Cordage
Protection & Hardware
Carabiners & Quickdraws
Climbing Packs & Bags
Big Wall
Rescue & Industrial

MEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

WOMEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

FOOTWEAR 

Men's Footwear
Women's Footwear

CLEARANCE 

Backpacks
Mens Apparel
Womens Apparel
Climbing
Footwear
Accessories

BRANDS 

Black Diamond
Granite Gear
La Sportiva
Osprey
Smartwool

WAYS TO SHOP 

Sale
Clearance
Top Brands
All Brands

Backpacking Equipment 

Shelters
BackPacks
Sleeping Bags
Water Treatment
Kitchen
Hydration
Climbing

Backcountry Gear Clearance

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131960 - 04/12/10 08:24 PM Website for Wind River Guide
wandering_daisy Offline

Loc: California
I finally got the PayPal button on my website. It should be fully tested in a few days. I do not want bulk orders to be done through Pay-Pal so I limit the number of books you can purchase to 10 USA and 4 Canada -shipping costs of $9999 are assessed if you exceed these numbers! So be sure to check final costs before pushing the buy button! Pay-Pay is good in that it protects the buyer, but in order to protect myself from false claims of loss, I have added insurance and signature confirmation to the shipping, thus higher shipping rates if using Pay-Pal. I know this will cause some grief for those of you who have a long ways to go to your local post office if you miss the mailman. But this also will keep the mailman from trying to stuff a 9x12 cardboard envelope into a cubby-hole mailbox and damaging the book.

DO NOT USE THE CD-only option. I have temporarily put this on the cart to cheaply test links to my Pay-Pal account - it is being deleted in a few days. The CD is only a digital copy of maps in the book and some photos - it is NOT a digital version of the guidebook. It is intended for those who already have a book and want a replacement. Pay-Pal shipping costs are way to high to justify for a $4 CD! So if you are interested in an additional CD, send me a check and I will send it regular First Class mail! All my contact information is at theh bottom of the web page.

#132055 - 04/13/10 11:59 PM Re: Website for Wind River Guide [Re: wandering_daisy]
OregonMouse Online   content

Loc: Gateway to Columbia Gorge
Got the book yesterday and spent last night drooling over my keyboard while looking at the beautiful pictures on the CD. Then I started reading. Even though most of the offtrail sections are beyond my capabilities, I'm getting lots of good ideas (W_D has some suggestions for bypassing the more difficult sections when it's possible) for future trips. I'll review the book when I'm done with it, which may not be for another week or so.

In fact, I became so fascinated with it (even on the armchair adventure level) that I just filed an extension of time for my taxes so I could spend the next few days with W_D's book! lol

My opinion so far: awesome

#132510 - 04/22/10 01:07 PM Re: Website for Wind River Guide [Re: wandering_daisy]
billstephenson Offline

Loc: Ozark Mountains in SW Missouri
W_D,

Somehow I missed the post that has the link for the web site. Could you please post it again?

Kindest Regards,

Bill

"You want to go where?"

#132592 - 04/23/10 07:49 PM Re: Website for Wind River Guide [Re: billstephenson]

W_D has made it to google! Search on "Beyond Trails in the Wind River Mountains."

#132597 - 04/23/10 09:02 PM Re: Website for Wind River Guide [Re: OregonMouse]
phat Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada

Ok, I've now been able to spend a bit of time with it (It arrived on Tuesday this week WD! - and "the cheque is in the mail"(seriously it is) )

Very well done, nice job and it's pretty clear what your audience is. I like the lighter weight emphasis packlist (although would question the need for it in a book geared to "experience backpackers" - but I'm sure you already asked yourself the same questions repeatedly while editing..)

You have very much confirmed what I already expected, I need to take a week or two and go there. along with all the places I need to revisit in the sierras.. Sigh.. so many places, so little time..

Browse my pictures

#133055 - 05/01/10 12:49 AM Re: Website for Wind River Guide [Re: phat]
CJC Offline

Loc: Southern Nevada
Did a Google search for the above referenced book title, but found nothing except a link back to this thread. More help please.

#133083 - 05/01/10 07:33 PM Re: Website for Wind River Guide [Re: CJC]

That's funny, because I just looked at google again. The fourth entry from the top was to WD's website. OK, here it is.

#133138 - 05/03/10 07:41 AM Re: Website for Wind River Guide [Re: OregonMouse]
hikerduane Offline

Loc: Meadow Valley, CA
Thank you OM, that helped. I have a neighbor headed to WY about the time I like to take vacation, may split costs with him an do a bp trip.

#133187 - 05/04/10 11:19 AM Re: Website for Wind River Guide [Re: OregonMouse]
billstephenson Offline

Loc: Ozark Mountains in SW Missouri
Thanks OM. I'm looking forward to having some time to check it out.

Bill

"You want to go where?"

Shout Box

Highest Quality Lightweight Down Sleeping Bags

Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags

Lite Gear Talk - Featured Topics
Backcountry Discussion - Featured Topics
Make Your Own Gear - Featured Topics
Featured Photos
Spiderco Chaparral Pocketknife
David & Goliath
Also Testing
Trip Report with Photos
Seven Devils, Idaho
Oat Hill Mine Trail 2012
Dark Canyon - Utah
Who's Online
0 registered (), 160 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Noodles, McCrary, DanyBacky, Rashy Willia, WanderBison
13240 Registered Users
Forum Links
Disclaimer
Policies
Site Links
Backpacking.net
Lightweight Gear Store
Backpacking Book Store
Lightweight Zone
Hiking Essentials

Our long-time Sponsor, BackcountryGear.com - The leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear:

Backcountry Forum

Affiliate Disclaimer: This forum is an affiliate of BackcountryGear.com, Amazon.com, R.E.I. and others. The product links herein are linked to their sites. If you follow these links to make a purchase, we may get a small commission. This is our only source of support for these forums. Thanks.!

Since 1996 - the Original Backcountry Forum
Copyright © The Lightweight Backpacker & BackcountryForum