My name is Tom Fenton. I am a Canadian living in Abu Dhabi in the UAE. I am currently in my last year of high school and will be graduating in June 2010.

I plan on embarking on a journey across Canada from the most easterly point to the most westerly, starting in the spring of 2011. I will travel from Cape Spear in Newfoundland to the base of Mount Saint Elias in the Yukon. I intend to walk the entire way, going from city to city, town to town, using the Trans Canada Trail and carrying all supplies on my back. I intend to raise awareness across Canada for a number of wilderness-related causes. I hope to be able to visit schools and community halls throughout the trip, to present the knowledge that I hope to acquire about the organizations that agree to associate themselves with me and my overall experience. I will use my experience as a magician to frame and present this information. I am calling this The Canada Experience.

This is a massive endeavor and I will need all the support I can get. If you have any experience or skills that you think could help me, please contact me, even if it’s just to give me tips or suggestions or to say good luck.

I will be depending on sponsorship to fund this expedition, and so I am looking for people and organizations that may be interested in sponsoring me. If that includes you or some one you know, or if you are connected to an environmental or wilderness-related cause or organization that would benefit from the publicity of this event, please contact me or pass this letter on to them.

I am also looking for a manager/publicist/event coordinator to aid me with the organizational and legal side of this expedition. If you are interested or know someone who might be, please let me know. This would be a voluntary position.

Thank you for your interest and support.

Contact info:

lifeofmagic@hotmail.com

http://thecanadaexperience.tumblr.com/

971-2-677-4776
971-50-690-9463

Apartment 1604
PO box 525 Ben Karam Tower
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates