Backcountry Forum
Backpacking & Hiking Gear

Backcountry Forum
Our long-time Sponsor - the leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear

Amazon.com
Backpacking Forums
---- Our Gear Store ----
The Lightweight Gear Store

WINTER CAMPING 

Shelters
Bivy Bags
Sleeping Bags
Sleeping Pads
Snow Sports
Winter Kitchen

SNOWSPORTS 

Snowshoes
Avalanche Gear
Skins
Hats, Gloves, & Gaiters
Accessories

ULTRA-LIGHT 

Ultralight Backpacks
Ultralight Bivy Sacks
Ultralight Shelters
Ultralight Tarps
Ultralight Tents
Ultralight Raingear
Ultralight Stoves & Cookware
Ultralight Down Sleeping Bags
Ultralight Synthetic Sleep Bags
Ultralight Apparel

the Titanium Page
WM Extremelite Sleeping Bags

CAMPING & HIKING 

Backpacks
Tents
Sleeping Bags
Hydration
Kitchen
Accessories

CLIMBING 

Ropes & Cordage
Protection & Hardware
Carabiners & Quickdraws
Climbing Packs & Bags
Big Wall
Rescue & Industrial

MEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

WOMEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

FOOTWEAR 

Men's Footwear
Women's Footwear

CLEARANCE 

Backpacks
Mens Apparel
Womens Apparel
Climbing
Footwear
Accessories

BRANDS 

Black Diamond
Granite Gear
La Sportiva
Osprey
Smartwool

WAYS TO SHOP 

Sale
Clearance
Top Brands
All Brands

Backpacking Equipment 

Shelters
BackPacks
Sleeping Bags
Water Treatment
Kitchen
Hydration
Climbing

Backcountry Gear Clearance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#108860 - 01/06/09 04:26 PM How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell?
babybunny Offline

The first time I've ever had any kind of somewhat nice everyday clothes.

http://fuzzybabybunny.smugmug.com/gallery/7029903_HfBZv#450193341_bm9zW

Jeans are Sears Canyon River Blues Low Rise Boot Cut in Men's 29. I had to get it hemmed. First jeans I've worn in probably 10 years.

Dark pants are Women's ExOfficio High Tide cargo pants size 8.
Light pants are Women's North Face Paramount Porter convertible cargo pants in size 8.

The first red shirt is a Patagonia Capilene 2 zip neck. I think it looks nice. All other shirts are Mountain Hardwear, some small and some medium. I like MH because mostly all of their shirts have a tapered, athletic fit, not the flat or wide fit that you'll find with North Face or Columbia shirts. I don't like MH because some of their smalls fit me while some don't. It's inconsistent. For the striped long sleeve shirts I had to wear a medium because the diameter of the arm was too narrow, kinda choking my arms in the armpit region.

Do I look ok? I don't think the women's pants look all that bad. The ExOfficio feels amazing and the North Face feels great too, it's just a little tight in the thigh area. I had to get both hemmed as well.

I suck at poses.

Edited by babybunny (01/06/09 04:26 PM)

www.fuzzybabybunny.smugmug.com

#109168 - 01/11/09 05:13 PM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: babybunny]
bigfoot2 Offline

Loc: Eugene , Oregon
OK...since nobody else will touch this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qRTu5I2loY

BF

#109178 - 01/11/09 08:13 PM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: bigfoot2]
Jimshaw Offline

Loc: Bend, Oregon
BF Cool - goodjob thanks

BB - Learn the power of delete grin

I wonder how I'd look in one of those white lace wedding dresses... weird huh?

Just wait

Jim crazy

#109181 - 01/11/09 08:47 PM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: Jimshaw]
phat Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada

Don't let them give you too much guff BB - if they fit, why worry about it - particularly if you have trouble finding regular stuff that works.
Browse my pictures

#109187 - 01/12/09 12:05 AM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: babybunny]
aimless Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
How you look in your hiking clothes matters to you? I've learned to eliminate that consideration and concentrate on more practical factors. But, having looked at the photos, I suppose you look just like yourself. In jeans and a shirt, that is. I didn't dig any deepr than that. smile

#109190 - 01/12/09 02:09 AM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: babybunny]
OregonMouse Offline

Loc: Gateway to Columbia Gorge
Whatever fits and is comfortable for you is your business.

Of course, now that you've admitted on the internet that you're wearing women's clothing, expect to take some teasing!

#109191 - 01/12/09 05:34 AM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: babybunny]
bigfoot2 Offline

Thanks, Jim. It was either the "Dude" video or this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olAEon2sf1s&feature=related

BF

#109197 - 01/12/09 10:41 AM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: OregonMouse]
phat Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada

What's wrong with wearing women's clothing? I fail to understand the attaction of 40 dollar silkweight polypro long johns when a pair of large women sized pantyhose with the feet cut out work just fine thank you.... I also have women's fleece bottoms that fit just fine thank you..

Most women hikers I know think nothing of wearing "mens" pants if they fit right - so where's the problem? My willy isn't shrinking because of it (at least last time I checked), and I'm not running out to buy the Mamma Mia DVD and a quart of ice cream...

Browse my pictures

#109208 - 01/12/09 01:09 PM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: phat]
billstephenson Offline

Loc: Ozark Mountains in SW Missouri
Quote:
What's wrong with wearing women's clothing?

Well... that depends. phat, I moved to Hollywood from the mid-west when I was 14. Total culture shock, but I learned a lot fast. Here's one thing I learned ...

If, for example, you are wearing women's clothing in order to deceive someone, it may become a problem. I've seen that turn into a nasty situation more than a few times. You only have to hang out around Hollywood Blvd. a few days before you can say you've seen some really weird stuff going on eek

Here's another thing... One of my favorite shirts is an awesome flannel shirt that's really comfortable. I don't know where it came from, but inside the collar is an iron on label that says "Betty Miller", and what's wrong is that it buttons assbackwards and I have a really hard time with that. mad

And hey, I have to give Bigfoot credit for being brave enough to respond to this and point out that I thought his response was pretty darn funny. grin

He's exactly right, I read that message and thought, "I better not touch this one. There are too many ways for me to get myself in trouble here." That subject line is... just too easy wink

Finally, babybunny did such a good job on those pants, (and he does look good in them) I just figured I wasn't qualified to give an opinion on his work, I mean, shoot, I'm sitting here wearing Betty Miller's shirt.

Bill

"You want to go where?"

#109209 - 01/12/09 01:15 PM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: bigfoot2]
chaz Offline

Loc: Tennessee
BF, that's funny, LOL but cruel. Don't you know that you have to look Good in the woods. I always color coordinate my clothes and accessories when in the wilderness. grin Who knows,a deer might see me. Besides, my Ipod listening,text messaging,cloths horse of a 14 year old daughter has called me an embarassment. frown So I strive very hard to keep from looking shabby. When I look in the mirror I can see myself and sometimes that's a scarry thing. sick LOL

#109210 - 01/12/09 01:17 PM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: Jimshaw]
chaz Offline

Oh wise Oregon wizzard, teach me the path of delete.

#109211 - 01/12/09 01:24 PM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: billstephenson]
chaz Offline

Originally Posted By billstephenson
[quote]What's wrong with wearing women's clothing? [/quote

Bill
Well... that depends. phat, I moved to Hollywood from the mid-west when I was 14. Total culture shock, but I learned a lot fast. Here's one thing I learned ...

If, for example, you are wearing women's clothing in order to deceive someone, it may become a problem. I've seen that turn into a nasty situation more than a few times. You only have to hang out around Hollywood Blvd. a few days before you can say you've seen some really weird stuff going on

O.K. I gotta ask, why did you move to Hollyweird when you were 14? I moved with a Rock band in the late 70's to Hollyweird and saw some weird stuff.

#109214 - 01/12/09 02:46 PM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: chaz]
billstephenson Offline

Quote:
O.K. I gotta ask, why did you move to Hollyweird when you were 14? I moved with a Rock band in the late 70's to Hollyweird and saw some weird stuff.

My father had a business building custom, show, and movie cars there. My mother was tired of putting up with me.

The day after I got out of eighth grade I was in Hollyweird sanding on cars.

I knew a few musicians back then... Do you know Steve Fister? He used to play at the Starwood a lot back then. Bree Howard was another friend that played there. There were a few others I used to hang with, Kirk (Arthur) Traxell was a good friend that I haven't seen in years now.

Cheap Trick used to play there. I know Rick Neilson and Bun Carlos (Brad Carlson) a bit, but that's because we grew up in the same town together (Rockford, Il.)

Hanging with musicians (especially rockers and bluegrassers) and working a day job can come near to killing a guy. I had to give it up when I started paying rent wink

Bill

"You want to go where?"

#109232 - 01/12/09 09:37 PM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: phat]
billstephenson Offline

Quote:
I fail to understand the attaction of 40 dollar silkweight polypro long johns when a pair of large women sized pantyhose with the feet cut out work just fine

Do you mean to keep your legs warm? I've heard of wearing pantyhose for circulation before but I always thought they probably wouldn't do much for warmth and I'd never get away with buying $40 long johns.

But warm is something I really like to be. That definitely keeps my willy from shrinking.

I might have to give that a try. We're heading into the coldest part of the year right now here and if they're good enough for phat....

Bill

"You want to go where?"

#109244 - 01/13/09 03:10 AM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: chaz]
bigfoot2 Offline

Chaz, I had the same problem with my daughter at that age. She grew out of it and I just don't care...i'm too old to. When i'm in the woods, i sweat, don't shave, i get dirty and sometimes smell like a wet dog. I don't even care who's downwind smile I will take advantage of any good swimming hole to clean up in, but only if my dog, Sherpa, is hiking farther and farther away from me. After a week in the Three Sisters Wilderness last year, i stepped onto the parking lot and two hippie chicks said "Hayduke LIVES...but he's bald, now.". Guys can(and should) be able to get away with this abberant behavior, even if it's just for a few days. It's our God given right as FREE MEN!!!!

BF

#109246 - 01/13/09 03:23 AM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: billstephenson]
bigfoot2 Offline

Bill,
Just take off the girlie shirt and be a hairy guy. At least the Hippie chicks will dig ya'... smile

BF

Edited by bigfoot2 (01/13/09 03:25 AM)

#109248 - 01/13/09 04:06 AM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: phat]
bigfoot2 Offline

By the way...he looks ravishing smile

BF

Edited by bigfoot2 (01/13/09 04:32 AM)

#109249 - 01/13/09 04:27 AM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: phat]
bigfoot2 Offline

Originally Posted By phat

What's wrong with wearing women's clothing? My willy isn't shrinking because of it (at least last time I checked), and I'm not running out to buy the Mamma Mia DVD and a quart of ice cream...

{sigh}...That's how it always starts...with women's clothes. Soon you'll be jonesing for eyeliner and mascara...i know...i was in a hair band in the 80's. Just say NO!

BF

#109250 - 01/13/09 04:43 AM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: Jimshaw]
bigfoot2 Offline

Jim,
"White wedding dresses?"...don't make me post a Billy Idol video.......ooops, too late smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AofzLsvTsM0

BF

#109256 - 01/13/09 11:26 AM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: billstephenson]
chaz Offline

I don't know Steve. confused Although I did play the Starwood once. We mostly played the Whisky and then locked into the Troubadour. Doug Westin,RIP, was our mentor and took us under his wing. That small area of town was stomping grounds for a time and good times they were. Boy! has this thread deteriorated. smile LOL Met a bunch of people there. Joe Cocker, Alice Cooper, on and on. I am now in obscurity and currently just playing with old friends for funzies. My passion now is Bpacking and getting out of the burbs if only for the afternoon. CAUTION THREAD DRIFT I'm planning a trip your way this spring. I want to go middle to late spring when there is still decent water everywhere. Somewhere around OHT.

#109261 - 01/13/09 11:53 AM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: bigfoot2]
chaz Offline

Originally Posted By bigfoot2
Chaz, I had the same problem with my daughter at that age. She grew out of it and I just don't care...i'm too old to. When i'm in the woods, i sweat, don't shave, i get dirty and sometimes smell like a wet dog. I don't even care who's downwind smile I will take advantage of any good swimming hole to clean up in, but only if my dog, Sherpa, is hiking farther and farther away from me. After a week in the Three Sisters Wilderness last year, i stepped onto the parking lot and two hippie chicks said "Hayduke LIVES...but he's bald, now.". Guys can(and should) be able to get away with this abberant behavior, even if it's just for a few days. It's our God given right as FREE MEN!!!!

BF
I don't bother shaving, changing cloths etc. But I do kinda wipe my self off to keep from stinking myself out of my bag. And as far as hippie chicks, I think that was in the late 60's and early 70's. Nowadays it seems that young people are searching for an identity. Fashion always comes back around. If not in authentic style but in a hybrid form. Now when I'm dressing casual, which is most of the time. I where outdoor cloths and jeans. I just can't seem to go totally Grunge. I do have some camo insulated coveralls that I can put on and fit in with rednecks if I want to. Red Head came out with the Selk type thing a long time ago. LOL

#109268 - 01/13/09 12:44 PM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: babybunny]
midnightsun03 Offline

Loc: Alaska
BB... don't mind everyone else... I know you've been struggling with the clothing thing for a while. It's tough having a body type that isn't typical for average Americans. I think you've come up with some good outfits for everyday wear and I don't think anyone will know you're wearing women's clothing. I wear kids clothing all the time (boys clothing anyway, I don't want to look "little girlish" and Hannah Montana is not my idea of style).

I like the red shirt, by the way...

MNS

#109271 - 01/13/09 02:48 PM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: Jimshaw]
bigfoot2 Offline

Watch out...Jimshaw has been known to eat baby bunnies while hiking smile

BF

#109317 - 01/14/09 11:05 AM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: bigfoot2]
chaz Offline

[/quote]
{sigh}...That's how it always starts...with women's clothes. Soon you'll be jonesing for eyeliner and mascara...i know...i was in a hair band in the 80's. Just say NO!

BF [/quote] Yep, that's how it starts. Hair was a big thing for three decades. Not only hair but fa fa fa fa fashion. Remember the breif "Blitz" fad. ala Adam Ant? Do you still have any hair? Mines getting thin. But, She don't like, She don't like, She don't like Rogaine. I was getting a hair cut last week and made a comment about using "A Touch of Gray" to color my hair. Then thought of using "Sun-In". No one thought it would be a good idea and would turn my hair white and I would look like a Q-tip. So maybe I should become the first Old White Rapper I could be Q-tip and maybe another 15minutes. Rap about hiking with bum knees and the difficulty of growing old.

#109320 - 01/14/09 11:12 AM Re: How do I look? In women's pants. Can you tell? [Re: midnightsun03]
chaz Offline

I agree. Even though where all having fun with BB, he shouldn't be offended. Be who you are and not what you think people think you should be.

Don't always believe what your mind can conceive......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Highest Quality Lightweight Down Sleeping Bags

Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags

Lite Gear Talk - Featured Topics
Backcountry Discussion - Featured Topics
Make Your Own Gear - Featured Topics
Featured Photos
Spiderco Chaparral Pocketknife
David & Goliath
Also Testing
Trip Report with Photos
Seven Devils, Idaho
Oat Hill Mine Trail 2012
Dark Canyon - Utah
Who's Online
0 registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Noodles, McCrary, DanyBacky, Rashy Willia, WanderBison
13240 Registered Users
Forum Links
Disclaimer
Policies
Site Links
Backpacking.net
Lightweight Gear Store
Backpacking Book Store
Lightweight Zone
Hiking Essentials

Our long-time Sponsor, BackcountryGear.com - The leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear:

Backcountry Forum

Affiliate Disclaimer: This forum is an affiliate of BackcountryGear.com, Amazon.com, R.E.I. and others. The product links herein are linked to their sites. If you follow these links to make a purchase, we may get a small commission. This is our only source of support for these forums. Thanks.!

Since 1996 - the Original Backcountry Forum
Copyright © The Lightweight Backpacker & BackcountryForum