New Post indicator

Posted by: Glenn Roberts

New Post indicator - 11/29/15 11:23 AM

I've noticed, the last few days, that there is no longer an indicator showing the forums and topics with new posts, like there used to be. Is this feature no longer available, or have I somehow reset it not to appear? (I reviewed my preferences, but couldn't find anything that appeared related to it; I also tried logging out and logging in again several times.)
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: New Post indicator - 11/29/15 03:07 PM

I just noticed that! I was wondering why there were no new posts between early Thanksgiving morning and yesterday (Saturday) evening!

This feature is vitally needed by us moderators--we can't look at every thread!

EDIT, a little later--I'm also no longer seeing the number of posts each poster has--another feature needed by moderators!
Posted by: packlite

Re: New Post indicator - 11/29/15 07:39 PM

My internet provider (Frontier) went down at the same time I was in the middle of updating the forum header. I think this was on Thanksgiving) The result, it seems, is that the database was corrupted.

I'm looking into the problems and hope to fix soon as I find solutions. Worst case scenario is that we will need to rebuild using a backup. Unfortunatly, that backup is dated 10/23/15. I thought I had a backup more recent but I can't find it.

So, problem is acknowledged and I'm working it.

thanks for the heads up.

packlite

Re: New Post indicator - 11/29/15 07:53 PM

Okay, I think I fixed these problems. Please let me know of any others.

Charles
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: New Post indicator - 11/29/15 09:15 PM

Thanks, Charles - very much appreciated.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: New Post indicator - 11/29/15 09:46 PM

Great! We're back in business! Thank you!!!
goodjob thanks awesome
Posted by: Rick_D

Date stamp? - 12/10/15 12:21 PM

It might be something I inadvertently changed in my personal settings, but I no longer see date stamps on posts older than the current day, just a post number. Same-day posts show "today at [time]" or "[N] minutes ago"

Cheers,

Re: Date stamp? - FIXED - 12/10/15 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By Rick_D
It might be something I inadvertently changed in my personal settings, but I no longer see date stamps on posts older than the current day, just a post number. Same-day posts show "today at [time]" or "[N] minutes ago"

Cheers,

Okay, Thanks Rick. I think I fixed it.

It was a feature we lost from the database crash. I fixed it.

I've always had that feature turned off in "my preferences" so, initially, after I fixed it, I was confused why the fix didn't work. I then went to "my preferences" and discovered that I didn't have that feature turned on. Ha Ha. Anyway, I do now and sure enough, it's fixed.

Thanks again for the heads up on that and let me know if you don't see it fixed.

packlite
Posted by: Rick_D

Re: Date stamp? - FIXED - 12/10/15 05:29 PM

Talk about rapid service! Working like a charm now.

Merci Charles!