How we take a Warm Shower in the Wilderness?

Posted by: walkingnatur

How we take a Warm Shower in the Wilderness? - 07/03/21 04:17 PM

How we take a Warm Shower in the Wilderness while Hiking? - Sharing our Unique Shower System

Watch the full video here: https://youtu.be/ub9gPkRq_GE

In this video we want to share with you how we manage to keep ourselves clean and take a shower while hiking in the wilderness. This may be a completely new thing in a camping and hiking world because the way we are doing it is quite unique. Hope it will be a useful video for some of the folks that are doing long distance hiking and still want to have the luxury of a warm shower at hand.
Disclaimer: we don't have any affiliation with the brands and all items mentioned in the video were purchased by our own money.

What are your hygiene and shower secrets on the hiking trail?
Posted by: aimless

Re: How we take a Warm Shower in the Wilderness? - 07/03/21 05:32 PM

My hygiene secret is not a secret. Unless it is raining, or windy and cold, every day when I'm done hiking I strip down to my undershorts, wade a short distance into the lake or creek I have camped near, and use a cotton washcloth (aka a 'flannel' to Brits) to wash myself - using no soap, water only. I wring out the cloth and use it as a towel to blot up excess water from my skin. When I'm done I lay out the washcloth in the sunniest spot to dry.

If the air temp is adequate, it doesn't matter how cold the water is. It always feels great afterward.
Posted by: balzaccom

Re: How we take a Warm Shower in the Wilderness? - 07/04/21 08:37 PM

I do the same, occasionally accompanying the process with shrill screams, depending on the temperature of the water...
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: How we take a Warm Shower in the Wilderness? - 07/05/21 01:25 PM

And how loud do you scream when the biting bugs descend for a meal?
Posted by: aimless

Re: How we take a Warm Shower in the Wilderness? - 07/05/21 02:02 PM

I'm determined not to be deterred by mosquitos from washing up. There's always a way forward if you want it badly enough. If I have to only disrobe one body part at a time, while swatting and waving my hands like a crazy man, I'll do it. It's not like I'm in any real danger from them.