Crappy weather coming to the PCT

Posted by: billstephenson

Crappy weather coming to the PCT - 05/15/19 02:37 PM

Highly unusual sequence of winter-like storms headed for California (in late May!)

Quote:
The suddenness of this pattern change, along with the highly unusual nature of widespread significant rainfall (and mountain snowfall) this late in the season will likely catch a lot of folks by surprise, and will have some substantial impacts for the agricultural sector and those traveling (not to mention those poor souls just starting out on the Pacific Crest Trail).

Be careful out there...
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Crappy weather coming to the PCT - 05/15/19 03:14 PM

This storm cycle affects the entire west coast. It rained yesterday for the first time in several weeks. Last week, NW Oregon was under a red flag alert--very high fire danger. So we're welcoming the rain, which has broken an unusually early dry spell and washing the extremely high pollen count (achoo!) out of the air.

Posted by: Pika

Re: Crappy weather coming to the PCT - 05/15/19 07:01 PM

We’ve had several rainstorms here in SE Arizona in the past two weeks. Around a quarter inch total. Not common this time of the year. It has also been cooler than normal though it nearly reached 100 degrees today. I expect it to start getting warm soon though.
Posted by: Rick_D

Re: Crappy weather coming to the PCT - 05/18/19 12:29 PM

Crazy California weather this spring. Couple of weeks ago we got to the mid-90s and today's predicted high is 58. My kid has her year's final HS track meet today and rain and 15mph wind are predicted. Luckily, kids are tough and waterproof. eek

Dad
Posted by: JustWalking

Re: Crappy weather coming to the PCT - 05/18/19 09:18 PM

I'm headed to ONP next week, looks like I might actually get lucky with the weather!