Costco Black Diamond quilt back in stock

Posted by: toddfw2003

Costco Black Diamond quilt back in stock - 12/20/16 10:04 PM

http://www.costco.com/Double-Black-Diamond-Packable-Down-Throw-2-pack.product.100314979.html
Posted by: Dryer

Re: Costco Black Diamond quilt back in stock - 12/21/16 10:53 AM

Bought one. They are very thin, probably good for Texas spring/fall, not much loft, but very lightweight. We keep one on the couch.

Re: Costco Black Diamond quilt back in stock - 12/21/16 03:56 PM

different from what they used to be? I just ordered two. was going to make a sleeping bag for my dog. What part of Texas are you in?
Posted by: Dryer

Re: Costco Black Diamond quilt back in stock - 12/21/16 04:19 PM

Just south of Dallas. You?
We didn't order ours. Bought it at the Costco store. It's a "down throw", it says. I could see using it outdoors on a cool night.
Posted by: wgiles

Re: Costco Black Diamond quilt back in stock - 12/22/16 08:10 AM

They are the same as the ones they had before.

Re: Costco Black Diamond quilt back in stock - 12/22/16 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By Dryer
Just south of Dallas. You?
We didn't order ours. Bought it at the Costco store. It's a "down throw", it says. I could see using it outdoors on a cool night.

Im in Houston
Posted by: 4evrplan

Re: Costco Black Diamond quilt back in stock - 01/06/17 06:01 PM

People are doing some really innovative things with these. For example, you can squeeze the down into one side, sew off, and remove the part you just flattened. This makes it smaller but improves the loft. You can remove some of the seams, also to improve the loft. Then of course, there's the old trick of running it through the dryer on the fluff cycle with tennis balls.
Posted by: Rodrigo

Re: Costco Black Diamond quilt back in stock - 03/21/17 02:42 PM

Whats the real weight?
Posted by: wgiles

Re: Costco Black Diamond quilt back in stock - 03/21/17 07:16 PM

Mine weigh right at one pound. I sewed a drawstring channel and some laces to one in order to form footbox. That might have added an ounce to the weight, but now I can use it as a lightweight quilt.