Any Dakine Ledge 25L users?

Posted by: DanielB

Any Dakine Ledge 25L users? - 12/10/16 04:38 AM

I'm thinking of buying the Dakine Ledge backpack but I've got two concerns. Maybe someone who used this backpack can answer these questions?

1) How does it behave under rain and snow? I see the top cap fits not very tight.
2) The side bottle compartment seems pretty small, does it accomodate 1L or 1.5L bottle?

Thanks!
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Any Dakine Ledge 25L users? - 12/10/16 08:21 AM

I've never used any Dakine packs, and can't recall having seen them discussed much on the forums, so you may not get many responses. It might help generate responses if you told us how you were going to use the pack. This forum is generally focused on American-style backpacking, which involves carrying tent, food, stove, etc., for trips into backcountry or wilderness areas. I notice that you are in the Ukraine, and have to wonder if you are going to use this for European-style "backpacking," which involves staying in hostels and eating in restaurants or cafes. The type of trip may affect the advice you get here.

If you are planning a camping-out, wilderness-style trip, I have to wonder whether a 25-liter pack (I'm assuming that's what 25L means) will be enough capacity.