a proud uncle's shout out to his niece :)

Posted by: bobito9

a proud uncle's shout out to his niece :) - 03/14/16 11:02 PM

Cool! I just learned that my niece/backpacking buddy just landed a job as a backcountry ranger in the Winds. Last summer she was in the Bob Marshall, the summer before in Maroon Bells. If I weren't so proud of her and didn't love her so much, I might admit to some jealousy wink
PS now I have to figure out to go visit her!
Posted by: wandering_daisy

Re: a proud uncle's shout out to his niece :) - 03/14/16 11:48 PM

Great! Is she on the Shoshone or Bridger Forest? I am going there this summer for a month and half of backpacking. Maybe I will see her. Send me a PM with her name if you are comfortable with that.
Posted by: rodwha

Re: a proud uncle's shout out to his niece :) - 03/15/16 01:29 AM

Very cool!
Posted by: bluefish

Re: a proud uncle's shout out to his niece :) - 03/15/16 07:25 AM

What a great niece/buddy to have! Congrats to her and you.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: a proud uncle's shout out to his niece :) - 03/15/16 05:38 PM

Congrats! I am sure she will enjoy her summer!

Re: a proud uncle's shout out to his niece :) - 03/15/16 08:00 PM

I believe she'll be based in the Cirque of the Towers area. She said she's doing something to do with a forest service plan to manage misuse/overuse of the Cirque area: in other words, maybe she'll be cleaning up illegal fire rings and garbage and educating users. Then again, it sounded like she might be part of a survey team, so I don't know. All I know is that she's doing 8 day backcountry shifts, which sounds good to me. smile
My only trip there was a 7 day loop in the Cirque area. I know that you (Daisy) do a huge amount of hiking in the Winds. Wonderful place! I'm hoping to meet up with her on her days off and go to another area of the Winds, maybe more northerly. I may want to pick your brain at some point.
Posted by: aimless

Re: a proud uncle's shout out to his niece :) - 03/15/16 08:24 PM

when it comes to the Wind River Range wandering_daisy's brain is for sale on Amazon.com for a very reasonable sum.

Re: a proud uncle's shout out to his niece :) - 03/16/16 12:14 AM

I didn't know that, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. However, a search did not turn up any books by anyone named Daisy. All I could find was a one by a Nancy. I guess I'll have to settle for that. wink