Landowner kicks Superior Hiking Trail off property

Posted by: BZH

Landowner kicks Superior Hiking Trail off property - 04/28/15 01:23 PM

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/3731849-landowner-kicks-superior-hiking-trail-property

This is a shame... I can't blame the land owner.
Posted by: GrumpyGord

Re: Landowner kicks Superior Hiking Trail off property - 04/28/15 03:09 PM

It should be a message for all of us. In many case we are allowed on the trail due to the generosity of the land owner. Abuse by a few spoils it for many. Sad.
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Landowner kicks Superior Hiking Trail off property - 04/28/15 06:19 PM

I just sent him a thank you for letting hikers enjoy his property for as long as he has, and my regrets that he was treated so poorly by other hikers. I got a very nice reply. I think he was as sad about it as the hikers who lost the use of the trail.
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: Landowner kicks Superior Hiking Trail off property - 04/29/15 01:27 PM

That is a shame. I can't say I blame him, and I can't really imagine how people that hiked that sectioned, or any part of that trail, did it without realizing there are sections that crossed private land.

People who think they're saving the planet by trashing hunters might have good intentions at heart, but they don't have any real experience with living outside metro areas. Hunter's here do maintain a good balance of wildlife and available food resources for it and things would get messy fast if they didn't.

And after being on Facebook for a couple years now I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people need to have some group to pick on in order to feel better about themselves. They're happiest when they're mad about something.

Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Landowner kicks Superior Hiking Trail off property - 04/29/15 05:43 PM

You're right: the only way some people can feel big is by making others feel small. (One might say it's high school all over again.)