Getting Antsy...

Posted by: billstephenson

Getting Antsy... - 02/26/15 06:38 PM

Geez, this cold snap just won't break here. It's been nearly two weeks since we've got up to near 40º and the snow/sleet/ice still hasn't melted all off yet. It's killing me! mad

I finally got some stuff squared away about a month ago and got a few nights out a couple weeks ago, and I'm ready to get a few more, but it just keeps staying crappy out.

I made a trail in my backyard so I could get back and stay in shape. Me and the dogs and the burros all hike it together so it's looking like it's been used for years already. I must have done about 25 miles at 5 laps each back there since this arctic wave came down here. I should've made a longer trail but I bet heavy on February being warmer than normal. I should've known better. You just can't trust February around here.

It will probably warm up next week though because my wife just told me she'll be gone, so I can't leave. Then get cold again because of mean old March. cry

Sheeew... I really just had to whine that out of me. I'm done now... blush
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Getting Antsy... - 02/26/15 07:31 PM

Well, when I saw the title, I was kind of hoping this might be comic-relief sort of thing involving a small mound of dirt, millions of tiny little legs, and you disappearing head-first down a hole...

Ah well. That just shows you that it's just as bad in Ohio. The snow has been dealt with, but the cold just won't let up. My buddy wanted to know if I wanted to go hiking a week ago early Saturday morning; he hadn't heard the forecast, which called for HIGHS of 5. We both decided that we'd prefer to keep all 21 appendages.

It's been a tough month to be a brass monkey in Ohio...
Posted by: Pika

Re: Getting Antsy... - 02/26/15 07:41 PM

Jeez, you think you have it tough? We've been having days in the mid-70's and nights in the 40's. I did a 10 mile hike in the Santa Rita Mountains yesterday and encountered about a half inch of snow above 7500'. Temperatures at that elevation were about 55F at noon. Of course, around here, cabin fever is a summertime problem. We all have dues to pay smile