New camping site feedback

Posted by: ebach00

New camping site feedback - 04/09/14 06:32 PM

Hey Guys, I'm relatively new to the forum, but have been a long time leecher. I'm also the co-founder of a new camping discovery and booking site called Hipcamp. You can check it out at www.hipcamp.com.

We just launched our beta product and would love for you to check it out and give me any feedback that you've got. Again, it's still in beta, and will be improving based on your feedback for the next version. Our goal is to make a product that get's more people outside and camping. Right now it is just state and national campgrounds in Northern California, but we will soon be expanding and adding in backpacking.

Much thanks...stoked to hear your thoughts!
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: New camping site feedback - 04/09/14 08:14 PM

I looked and wondered why your site shows so many available campsites available in Yosemite Valley. Normally they're gone within minutes of when they become available online. Or are you not yet connected with the concessionaire which runs the reservation system?

Otherwise I can't say much since I rarely car camp.

Once your site is out of beta status, please check with Packlite, the owner of this site, as to what you need to do to comply with site rules on advertising.. In the meantime, I hope that some of our northern California folks here will give you more feedback.
Posted by: ebach00

Re: New camping site feedback - 04/10/14 12:14 PM

Thanks for the feedback OregonMouse! We actually tie into real time availability, so the sites you see are actually available. That's one of the most unique features of the site in my opinion.

I'll definitely be checking with Packlite to comply with the rules. Right now we're just in beta, so just looking for feedback from you guys. We want to build a product that you will use...hence why I am really pushing for backpacking in the near future.

Thank you! Would love more feedback..