Beware geartrade.com

Posted by: jimmyb

Beware geartrade.com - 11/22/13 08:46 PM

Has anyone here ever used GEARTRADE.com. I have purchased and item my card was charged and no package sent. Not good. Not sure how to resolve this as GEARTRADE will not answer emails. Beware. mad Glad it was a very small purchase.

jimmyb
Posted by: lori

Re: Beware geartrade.com - 11/22/13 09:09 PM

geartrade is like ebay or craigslist - you can challenge the charge i hope?
Posted by: jimmyb

Re: Beware geartrade.com - 11/22/13 09:56 PM

I hope so too but in their policy it says they will not charge your card before they have a valid tracking number AND the package is shipped. So they have been given a tracking number from the USPS because the seller has printed a postage label with a tracking number but just because you print postage doesn't mean you actually sent the item. When I track the number it shows the label was printed but the item was never shipped. Now geartrade should have waited until the tracking number showed that the package was actually received by the USPS. I'm hoping this all works out but I thought I would at least let folks know that if they think having a tracking number actually assures you package is in the mail they may be sadly mistaken as I found out. After discovering this 'loop hole' I personally would not risk a larger amount of money. Anyone can print a postage label for $5 and once your card is charged you have to go through all the hoops with the card company to dispute the charge. Again, just a friendly warning.

jimmyb
Posted by: BZH

Re: Beware geartrade.com - 11/25/13 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By jimmyb
... When I track the number it shows the label was printed but the item was never shipped. Now geartrade should have waited until the tracking number showed that the package was actually received by the USPS....

jimmyb

The problem is that USPS is notoriously lax about updating their tracking system. I have received items with the tracking showing they have not received the item from the shipper. Just because tracking info show they never received it doesn't mean it hasn't shipped.