NeverWet Demo Video

Posted by: billstephenson

NeverWet Demo Video - 07/20/13 05:30 PM

Interesting stuff...

Posted by: BrianLe

Re: NeverWet Demo Video - 07/21/13 11:48 AM

BPL started getting excited about this stuff about a month ago, but some initial testing by members in more recent posts has "dampened" enthusiasm considerably, all in this thread.
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: NeverWet Demo Video - 07/21/13 12:06 PM

I went to their site and read some of the specs and downloaded their FAQ. They don't recommend the current consumer version of the product for clothing, saying it's not very comfortable because it adds a sort of rough texture, and that treating just the outside leaves the inside vulnerable to getting soaked. but they say they are working on a formula that should be better.

I figured it might be good for shoes as it is now though. It looks to me like it must be silicone based, they said all the ingredients are food quality ("Yes, you've eaten them") except the solvents used to make it sprayable and fast drying.

It is certainly an interesting product though, and we can hope they'll improve it's uses to include things we'd like to keep dry...
Posted by: Zestyninja

Re: NeverWet Demo Video - 02/09/14 01:18 PM

I was the department head at Home Depot for this product when it was released and had to put together several demos for it. This is a great product when used correctly. However I found that it was kinda messing to use and can clump in some spots where applied generously. Can take several coats to get full coverage. Product works great for around the house items but will discolor fabrics. Also make sure to apply product outdoors as it has an incredibly strong odor. Even after curing the smell will stick faintly to whatever it has been applied to.