Anybody else broiling?

Posted by: Rick_D

Anybody else broiling? - 06/08/13 10:35 PM

I ask because we're having the summer's (yeah, two weeks ahead of schedule) first heatwave--105 yesterday and 109 today. I celebrated with a bike ride at four o'clock. You know, just because. Telling myself it will pay off the first time I'm hauling up a south-facing midday climb to some godforsaken high pass.

The concept of late-spring floods is completely lost on me, but to you folks I can only say "keep dry."

Wish I were at 10k feet, not sixteen.

Cheers,
Posted by: rockchucker22

Re: Anybody else broiling? - 06/09/13 06:53 PM

In Bishop yesterday it was 104, luckily I was up at 20 lakes basin just over 10,000 feet and it was still almost 80!!
Posted by: hikerduane

Re: Anybody else broiling? - 06/09/13 08:10 PM

The always right Nat'l Weather said supposed to be 102 here, just outside Q, only 92, that was enough. Where I car camped yesterday by Bucks, it was warm, it was in the 80's or so I'm sure. A two beer day. smile Cooling way down starting Monday. Where I'm going bping next weekend, only shows around 59, but the low 42 at Sonora Pass.
Duane
Posted by: Pika

Re: Anybody else broiling? - 06/09/13 08:19 PM

It was 107 at our place the last few days. Cooled off a lot today; only 102. It gets hotter down in the valley, in Phoenix. I think it got past 110 there the last few days. As they say regarding snowbirds, " If you can't take the Arizona summers, you don't deserve the winters".
Posted by: Rick_D

Re: Anybody else broiling? - 06/09/13 11:51 PM

I knew some of y'all would relate; nothing about growing up in Seattle prepared me for wild temperature swings like this. Am pleased to note today's high was a whopping twenty-nine degrees below yesterday's. Weird, but I'll take it.

Cheers,
Posted by: dcm579

Re: Anybody else broiling? - 06/10/13 12:02 AM

North of Sac. We had 112 Saturday. Sunday 73
Posted by: lostagain

Re: Anybody else broiling? - 06/11/13 11:05 PM

10PM here in DFW and it's about 83* out. the triple digits are coming end of this week for us. Hopefully we won't have another year of 40+ straight days of 100+ heat.

But it's all relevant. I belong ot a FB page about Pugs (tha't my dog type) and one of the posters was in Maine and warning folks that those super hot 80* days were on the way! This on the day it was approaching 90 at 6pm for us. grin