Glad Tent

Posted by: Exploriment

Glad Tent - 05/09/13 03:19 AM

Had to check the date to see if this was an April Fools Joke. It's not and it’s actually a pretty clever idea.

Glad Tent
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: Glad Tent - 05/09/13 10:55 AM

That's really pretty darn cool. I'd love to try one out.

Thanks for sharing!!
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Glad Tent - 05/09/13 12:46 PM

Does the fact that it doesn't appear to have a door bother anyone else?

And, if it did and you used it, wouldn't the condensation be horrific?

It would also seem that, once you had it full, most people wouldn't want to carry it out - so now, instead of fields of junk, we have white plastic boulders. But at least it's tidy garbage. smile
Posted by: Exploriment

Re: Glad Tent - 05/09/13 01:59 PM

I think it's meant for exhibitionist campers. blush

I wondered whether it might have some merit as an emergency shelter, day hike turned into an unexpected overnighter, or as something to play around with for a DIYer, see what they could make with it. Curious about cost, weight, packed size, dimensions, all that.
Posted by: BrianLe

Re: Glad Tent - 05/09/13 02:30 PM

Even for its intended purpose, either the tent has a fair bit of mass, a lot of material to discard as a garbage bag --- and one with way more holding capacity that's likely to be used. Or it's one really thin and flimsy tent, one that would be sketchy at best in a hard rain.

And what about the metal (?) hoops that give it structure, do those get tossed too?

Now, if the plastic were of a type designed to decompose nicely in a reasonable amount of time, and yet hold up well in rain ... not likely I guess.

Interesting anyway, thanks for sharing!