Posted by: rockchucker22

Re: My back yard - 12/05/12 09:35 PM

I know crappy phone pics, sorry!
Posted by: ETSU Pride

Re: My back yard - 12/05/12 09:44 PM

Very nice!

Re: My back yard - 12/05/12 10:11 PM

In the second photo you can just make out Whitney in the top left corner!
Posted by: rodwha

Re: My back yard - 12/05/12 10:34 PM

Beautiful! Much better than my view!
Posted by: Brotherbob12

Re: My back yard - 12/06/12 03:39 AM

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Posted by: skcreidc

Re: My back yard - 12/06/12 07:42 AM

Now THAT'S a back yard! A great view, no weeding or mowing of the lawn; and watering is fully automated. Looks like you got some bouldering spots too. Very nice!

Re: My back yard - 12/06/12 09:52 AM

The second to last photo was taken 20 yard from my back porch. What you don't see is we run a campground and there is quite a bit of mowing, watering, weeding.

Re: My back yard - 12/06/12 11:53 AM

Are those antelope in the distance of that 4th pic?

Re: My back yard - 12/06/12 11:59 AM

Tule elk!

Re: My back yard - 12/06/12 12:15 PM

Envious! Nice views lots of cool animals... I miss Colorado Springs!

Re: My back yard - 12/07/12 09:20 AM

Maybe some others can post pics of the area they live in??

Re: My back yard - 12/10/12 10:17 AM

No body posting pics of the region they live in? Come on guys I know some of you have good views!
Posted by: Heather-ak

Re: My back yard - 12/10/12 02:37 PM

I have some moose pics posted in the off topic area - momma and baby helped build this summer =)
Posted by: finallyME

Re: My back yard - 12/10/12 04:48 PM

If you look out my backyard, you see a neighborhood with houses and mountains in the background. But, here is a look at some of the mountains close by.

This is about 2 miles from my house. Taken this fall.

This one is in the same range, but different canyon. This was taken spring of '10.

This one is on the other side of the valley. If you look through the canyon in the background, you see a distant peak. That peak is right in front of my small city. In fact, it is close to the white peak, same range, that is in the picture above with the cows. This spot is about 20 miles from my house. This is also taken spring of '10

Here I am in the same range, but different canyon. I am looking at the highest peak in my county, 11,000 ft or so.

This is the same canyon, but I am looking toward the valley with the city that I live in. You can see the city, if you know where to look. In other words, I can see my house from here (with magnification smile ).

Re: My back yard - 12/10/12 04:52 PM

Awesome pictures, finallyme! Love Utah. Thanks!

Keep em coming!
Posted by: Brotherbob12

Re: My back yard - 12/10/12 06:18 PM

Those pictures are great FinallyMe!

Here are some pictures I have taken different time of year. They are from within a cricle of 20 miles from our home in Örnsköldsvik Sweden (High Coast area).

High Coast National Park in December

The taiga in February

My wife getting out of the tent a sunny morning in March.

Skule national Park in May.

Gulf of Bothnia in June

Skrubban island in July

Rain in August

First ice in October

Re: My back yard - 12/10/12 07:24 PM

Incredible brotherbob Sweden is so beautiful!

Re: My back yard - 12/11/12 01:21 AM

Nice pics everyone! It certainly makes me want to leave this drab neighborhood where everyone is an arms tech away. We don't even have a yard to speak of. And this is a nice and new neighborhood.

I'm certainly glad we aren't paying the mortgage! We want to leave, and not just the neighborhood! Texas has some nice spots, but overall it's just not for us. I've had some great times, but I think they'd be greater if they were 7,000 ft higher up!

I thought that northern New Mexico might be what I needed, and then ran around northern Arizona. Wow!

But I think Colorado will always hold my heart. I moved there in elementary (3 rd grade) and had come from right here where I'm at (Texas), and I was completely amazed! The deer here aren't much bigger than a dog with long legs. But up there I saw huge mule deer often enough I could have named them.

One of these days I'll post some nice pics of my back yard too... (day dreaming face)

Re: My back yard - 12/11/12 10:01 AM

I graduated college in Texas and got my first job out here in Utah. My wife keeps saying she wants to move back (her family lives there) but I say "No Way, I need mountains". smile Of course, the fact that my job is here is the main reason we are here.
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: My back yard - 12/11/12 01:09 PM

There are some pics of the Ozarks near where I live here:

http://ozarkexplorer.com/Peaks_n_Creeks/

Most of these were taken within 30 or less miles of where I live. Lots of them were taken on or near the Buffalo River NP.

Two or three are in my actual back yard (I'm wearing a hunter orange jacket in one of those).

There is also a pic of the big pyramid at Cohokia in Illinois, two or three taken around Dunn's Falls in Jamaica, and one of a small creek taken in the Yucatan near Progresso, Mexico. They can't count as my backyard, but they're all good places to visit wink

Posted by: JPete

Re: My back yard - 12/12/12 09:18 AM

Bill, many thanks. Sure looks familiar, and from this distance, nostalgic (I fled the Ozarks as soon as I was able). best, jcp

Re: My back yard - 12/12/12 10:11 AM

Very enchanting Bill. Thanks.