backpacking support

Posted by: one suitcase

backpacking support - 03/24/12 01:13 PM

8 years and 6 jobs later, I have accepted my God given calling to travel through Europe and find myself. I watched everything I worked for crumble and so exploring the world and its options will give me reasons to smile again.

I plan to vist Budapest, Berlin, and Valencia. I plan to find out everything this world has to offer me via foreign cuisine, distant cultures, and people you can only meet by being in their world.

I have one suitcase and faith. And I'm not giving up.

Posted by: Jimshaw

Re: backpacking support - 03/24/12 01:17 PM

Hi there good luck on your trip and God bless you. I was there many years ago... smile

This here is a hiking while carrying your camping gear into the mountains to camp, group. Backpacking as it is refered to Europe generally refers to train or bus travel. Someone will point you to a group more aligned with your needs.

Good luck
Jim
Posted by: lori

Re: backpacking support - 03/24/12 01:22 PM

Good luck, but, I think your post is one of those that won't be around for long, since you are looking for money more than actual advice.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: backpacking support - 03/24/12 01:24 PM

Jim is correct. This site is for North American style backpacking, what folks in other countries call wilderness trekking. While most of us have traveled, we don't necessarily have recent experience.

For budget travel information and advice, try Lonely Planet's Thorn Tree. I doubt, however, if they will allow you to raise money for your trip on that (or any other) forum. We don't allow it here, either, which is why the last paragraphs of your post have been deleted.