We got published!

Posted by: balzaccom

We got published! - 01/31/12 03:28 PM

A local magazine liked our story about the hike we took to the top of Mt. St. Helena that they asked us to write it up for publication. Which is what we did.

You can see the magazine here: http://www.hudsonprinting-digital.com/Publications/NapaValleyLife/NVLife_DecJan_2012/#/58/

And our article is on page 56!
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: We got published! - 01/31/12 07:43 PM

Congratulations!

That's a nice magazine, and your article and photo's were great. Nice to see them take an interest too.
Posted by: Jimshaw

Re: We got published! - 01/31/12 08:02 PM

Congrats... goodjob

I've spent some time playing on the rocks there. There are faults in the mountain, maybe ten feet wide and straight and smooth as they go down into the mountain. Its not really a place for anyone but climbers or cavers with ropes. I remember being afraid.
Jim

Re: We got published! - 02/01/12 12:33 AM

Yeah--there are also some old mines there. Robert Louis Stevenson spent his honeymoon in a miner's cabin there.

Gotta love a Scotsman!
Posted by: kevonionia

Re: We got published! - 02/01/12 02:09 AM

Excellent story and pix, Paul.

Who'd have thought you'd need microspikes on the trail to the top of Mt. St. Helena?
Posted by: Glenn

Re: We got published! - 02/01/12 07:28 AM

Where did his wife spend HER honeymoon? (That's based on what my wife would have said when I told her about the cabin.) smile
Posted by: skcreidc

Re: We got published! - 02/01/12 12:04 PM

How fun!! Great story and pics. Now you two are officially part of the local color? wink
Posted by: Dryer

Re: We got published! - 02/01/12 01:14 PM

Very nice and very classy! Congratulations!

Re: We got published! - 02/03/12 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By Glenn
Where did his wife spend HER honeymoon? (That's based on what my wife would have said when I told her about the cabin.) smile

Great line! In fact, they killed something like five rattlesnakes in the first couple of days at the cabin.

Must have been really romantic