Top Backpacking sites

Posted by: balzaccom

Top Backpacking sites - 11/08/11 04:53 PM

We were delighted to get the news today that we've been honored as one of the top 100 backpacking sites on the web--which is pretty darn cool.

Here's the official wording: "Each year, Justbackpacksonline spends weeks reading and ranking hiking, backpacking, and camping blogs to determine who has the best content, advice, and ideas in the Bloggosphere.... we believe that you have proven yourself to be one of those."

Well yes, that's very nice. And we'll save you the long speech about how we never really dreamed we would get this award...because you know that the reason we do this is because we love backpacking, and we couldn't stop if we tried.
Posted by: Glenn

Re: Top Backpacking sites - 11/08/11 05:37 PM

Congratulations on a job well done.

Any idea if this site also made the list?
Posted by: skcreidc

Re: Top Backpacking sites - 11/08/11 06:20 PM

Hey...congratulations!! Nice to have all that work recognized. And I actually have looked at your site btw.
Posted by: balzaccom

Re: Top Backpacking sites - 11/08/11 08:26 PM

Thanks guys...the competition is apparently for blog sites, rather than communities.

OTherwise, this one would certainly be on the list!
Posted by: hikerduane

Re: Top Backpacking sites - 11/08/11 11:21 PM

Congratulations! Although I don't view folks blogs unless it is linked to gear I'm looking at.
Duane
Posted by: RHodo

Re: Top Backpacking sites - 11/08/11 11:26 PM

Congratulations! That is way cooler than "pretty darn cool", it's more like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acYDNlMYAaI

Well done!