Just babbling...

Posted by: skcreidc

Just babbling... - 08/23/11 08:23 PM

Not sure where to start...but this is basically about backpacking, so it's on topic. I'm flying out tomorrow to finally go to the Wind River Range. I am pretty excited about it. Its the first time I have been back in this type of ecosystem since the 80's. This trip started out as a "me and my dog" trip, which I would have done with my new six moons design Skyscape trekker (sorry OM, but I really like the mostly double wall construction as I run hot). However, it has turned into a sort of college reunion of sorts with no dog and I am not too sure what I am going to do other than go to the Haystack Mtn. area to fish (and use a bigger tent). Most of the time I go by myself...pictures are kind of boring when you go by yourself.... but I always have a purpose, a goal in mind. This time I have options A through E. Clear Lake for sure, maybe as far north as Grave Lake. I'll probably go up Wind River Peak just to get a sense of the region. Two of the guys are hard core hunters and fisherman; one is a hardcore climber; we are all in our 50's. I think the last statement says it all. I know Charlie is going to want to set up a base camp and FISH; him and Jim know the area well. Greg and I have never been there before. It'll be fun either way. Hopefully I get to add to the mountain goat photo collection. I will post whatever I end up with...

As Rick_D says...cheers till next time.

ps looks like my test run of the Skyscape Trekker will have to wait till fall.
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: Just babbling... - 08/24/11 03:12 PM

Well have a lot of fun!! (I'm pretty jealous frown )

I say take a look around when you get there and go where your heart leads you wink

Oh, and Heck Yeah!, We Want Pictures!!!