My dream

Posted by: bubbawadew

My dream - 09/08/10 05:03 PM

My dream is to hike the AT nobo, ADT east to west, PCT nobo and CDT sobo in that order continuously. It is in the VERY early stages of planning. Off the top of my head it would take something like 2 1/4 years(thats including lots of bad weather days and 2 days travel time from the end of one trail to the start of the next). I instantly see some problems like money(for food, gear repair/replace....ect.), where I will be when winter comes, support team along with im sure many others. I'm working on a rough time line right now and will post it,along with other plans/problems, when I get it finished.

What do you think about this? Am I nuts? what immediate problems do you see? or just anything else yall want to add.
Posted by: Glenn

Re: My dream - 09/08/10 05:28 PM

You might want to contact Justin Lichter (aka Trauma.) There's some information on him under the "sponsored athletes" tab at the bottom of Granite Gear's home page - I think he's hiked all of the trails you mention, and some others, and did several of them in a single year.

He might be a valuable resource for you.
Posted by: finallyME

Re: My dream - 09/08/10 06:33 PM

I think you are nuts, and I wish you luck. smile
Posted by: bubbawadew

Re: My dream - 09/08/10 06:56 PM

Glenn- thank you that was helpful

finallyME- Yeah i expect to here that a lot hahaha, and thank you.
Posted by: kbennett

Re: My dream - 09/08/10 08:24 PM

Yup, yer nuts, and it sounds like a great trip.
Posted by: aimless

Re: My dream - 09/08/10 09:02 PM

No one can accuse you of not dreaming big enough dreams. grin

I hope you are aware that hiking these 4 trails contnuously over 2+ years is going to require you to have:

- first class survival skills. (I'm assuming you intend to survive this hike. wink )
- first class physical conditioning
- excellent planning ability
- logistical assistance from offtrail supporters
- a chunk of money for tiding you through the intervals when you must bail out because of bad weather or injury
- and a long prep period while you accumulate all these ducks and get them into a neat row.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

btw, yes you are certifiably nuts, but it's too soon to tell if that's nuts in a good way or nuts in a bad way. grin
Posted by: Kent W

Re: My dream - 09/08/10 09:15 PM

Nuts no, ambitious yes. Who knows what makes us tick. Your physical conditioning will be in place by the end of the AT. Good luck, Hard to plan such a feet. I hope cash isnt a isue as well. I would be satisfied at least for a while If I could Hike AT thru! I figure I would been be driver to do more or driven not too?