Katadyn Hiker pump Broken, where can I find parts?

Posted by: ratherBcamping

Katadyn Hiker pump Broken, where can I find parts? - 08/01/10 11:15 AM

Hey everyone, I broke my Katadyn Hiker this weekend. I pulled the intake hose off, and the little blue intake nipple broke off and stayed in the hose. Needless to say it rendered the pump useless. Does anyone know where I can get parts like this, or maybe have an idea how to fix it. I put in an email to Katadyn, but I know how customer service is in the world now, and I'm fully expecting a reply that they "Dont sell that part", and they will suggest I buy a new pump. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Cheers
Posted by: Canyonero

Re: Katadyn Hiker pump Broken, where can I find parts? - 08/01/10 11:48 AM

Good luck and please post here if you find anything. The o-ring on the pump shaft of my Katadyn Mini allows a little water to leak out of the housing. I googled for parts, and all I found was a site that sells whole kits with a bunch of junk I don't need. The Katadyn web site is about useless.

I figure I'll use it until it won't function any more, and then will wind up buying a whole new filter.
Posted by: balzaccom

Re: Katadyn Hiker pump Broken, where can I find parts? - 08/01/10 02:52 PM

1. That doesn't make the filter useless. We had the same thing happen to us, and we just submerged that part of the pump in the water as the intake, and pumped away. IT worked fine, if a little clumsy.

2. And when we sent an email to Katadyn about it, they sent use a new filter housing for free. They only asked us to ship the old unit back...and paid for the shipping.

3. Of the O ring leaks, coat it with some of the silicone they supply and that should fix the problem. It did with ours.

Class operation, if you ask me!
Posted by: Canyonero

Re: Katadyn Hiker pump Broken, where can I find parts? - 08/01/10 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By balzaccom

3. Of the O ring leaks, coat it with some of the silicone they supply and that should fix the problem. It did with ours.

Class operation, if you ask me!

Yeah, I tried to coat it with vaseline with no improvement, but I'll try to e-mail them and see what they say. Thanks for that info.