Under Armour

Posted by: wesarnold

Under Armour - 04/13/10 11:06 AM

Under Armour

I'm wondering what you guys' opinions are on this brand of clothing. I know generally they steer towards athletics more than outdoor sports...but generally I've heard good things about their gear.

I'm looking more specifically at their heat gear...not their cool gear. I wouldn't use synthetics over wool for insulation...I'm talking specifically about wear for heat - moisture wicking to keep you cool and dry, etc. etc.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Under Armour - 04/13/10 04:28 PM

I've never tried it but my son #3 has some and likes it for wicking layers. He's been known to wear it under his heavy wet suit when surfing in the winter.

EDIT, later: The athletic (not outdoor) clothing departments of discount stores are a great place to look for inexpensive clothing for hiking! Just be sure to read the fabric label to avoid cotton.
Posted by: finallyME

Re: Under Armour - 04/14/10 09:35 AM

I think they are overpriced for what they are. But they work. So, if you are brand miopic, then get it. Otherwise, you can find cheaper name brand clothing (like nike or adidas, or reebok) in the same store, that has the same performance characteristics, same quality and same feel.
Posted by: gorge_medic

Re: Under Armour - 04/16/10 09:54 PM

They work well...I use them as wicking layers at work, but only because I bought them when I was younger and didn't know about fabric types smile You can find comparable quality for much cheaper, and in brighter colors. I buy most of my hot-weather clothing from Wal-Mart now.