Wanting to get out and enjoy nature. Any ideas

Posted by: noles0121

Wanting to get out and enjoy nature. Any ideas - 03/21/10 03:30 PM

Hey every one Im looking to get back out and am wondering if yall have any good ideas on places to go. Looking for a nice place maybe in the mountains. does any one have a good place either In TX or semi CLose. thanks.
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: Wanting to get out and enjoy nature. Any ideas - 03/22/10 01:01 PM

First, get out of Texas! (Just kidding wink

Texas is so big that semi close may not even include places in Texas. If you're in eastern Texas the mountains in Arkansas are hard to beat for backpacking.

Here's a spot you might look at...

Search for State Parks and National Forest in Texas and places nearby, pick a few, and then ask about what to expect there. I'm sure there are members here that have most anyplace you'll want to go.

But remember, part of the fun is going someplace you know little about and exploring. Then let us all know what you found!

Bill
Posted by: Tango61

Re: Wanting to get out and enjoy nature. Any ideas - 03/22/10 09:12 PM

If you fill out your profile and give us just a hint of where in Texas you are, we can give you lots of ideas.

There are 7 distinct regions in Texas and I have been to most of them (not Big Bend, yet) so I can point you in a few directions and parts of Arkansas and Oklahoma are not that far away (in Texas, distance is relative).

Tango61