GSI Halulite Ketalist Cookset

Posted by: Rich_M

GSI Halulite Ketalist Cookset - 03/16/10 01:06 AM

I know this is a new product but I have a question. Does anyone know if the cup or bowl has any measure marks on the inside? Such as 1/4 cup or 4 ounce 16 ounce or similar markings. Will the cup from a Soloist fit inside?
Posted by: ChrisFol

Re: GSI Halulite Ketalist Cookset - 03/16/10 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By Rich_M
I know this is a new product but I have a question. Does anyone know if the cup or bowl has any measure marks on the inside? Such as 1/4 cup or 4 ounce 16 ounce or similar markings. Will the cup from a Soloist fit inside?

If the bowl and cup are like those in Dualist then yes, they do have measure marks.
Posted by: sarbar

Re: GSI Halulite Ketalist Cookset - 03/16/10 11:26 AM

Yes, GSI bowls/cups always have measurement marks smile

The only difference in the Kettalist and the plain kettle is the kit (adding the cup/mug, spork and bag).

The kettle is a great tool and works well smile

Re: GSI Halulite Ketalist Cookset - 03/16/10 03:29 PM

My cup from the Soloist will not fit inside the kettle. The diameter of the new pot appears to be slightly bigger around the mouth of the kettle. I have just the kettle. They may have done this in order to get the Soloist cup to fit in the kettle. So I might have to buy the new ketalist set.
Posted by: sarbar

Re: GSI Halulite Ketalist Cookset - 03/16/10 03:35 PM

When did you get your kettle? They revamped it last year to have a much wider opening. Though you could be right on that they made it even wider.
Posted by: lori

Re: GSI Halulite Ketalist Cookset - 03/16/10 04:51 PM

It doesn't look like the same kettle to me. The Ketalist holds more than the old version, it's a little taller/deeper and the bowl/cup fit inside it.
Posted by: taM

Re: GSI Halulite Ketalist Cookset - 03/16/10 07:21 PM

the opening in the top of my GSI kettle, purchased this past winter sometime, is just under 5.25" right around 132-133 mm diameter.

Not sure if this helps anyone, but figured since it was sitting right across the room, I'd measure and throw that out there.

love that little kettle.

Re: GSI Halulite Ketalist Cookset - 03/16/10 09:54 PM

I just purchased mine about 1 month ago but it must have been old stock. The opening is about an inch narrower than yours.
Posted by: taM

Re: GSI Halulite Ketalist Cookset - 03/16/10 11:08 PM

I bought the kettle only, not the Ketalist set, so I'm not sure whether that makes a difference or not...