input needed about pots for PackaFeather XL stove

Posted by: Darwin

input needed about pots for PackaFeather XL stove - 12/17/09 12:32 PM

I'm considering getting an Evernew .9 L "Ultralight " Series Titanium Cookpot (Dimensions: 5.4 x 2.5 in.) or the Evernew 1.3L "Ultralight" Series Titanium Cookpot (Dimensions: 5.9 in. x 3.0 in. ) to go along with my newly purchased Packa Feather XL alcohol stove (http://www.packafeather.com/xlstove.html). Would these be ok for the XL or are they too big?
I already have an Evernew 600 mL Cookpot. Do you recommend having more than one size pot, such as the one I have and one of the above mentioned ones?
I'm looking to use pots for boiling water to make/hydrate food and also for doing actual cooking on the trail.
Posted by: balzaccom

Re: input needed about pots for PackaFeather XL stove - 12/17/09 08:55 PM

How many pots do you need? We've never needed more than one, for the two of us. We heat about a liter and a half of water at night, which is enough for our soup, our freeze dried dinner, and washing up. And another liter in the morning gets us oatmeal, cocoa, and washing up.

My wife is a chef, so it's not that she doesn't use more pots at home...but when you have only one burner, how many pots are you going to use?