Parking lot of death........

Posted by: Dryer

Parking lot of death........ - 09/09/09 01:21 PM

I always wondered when I was going to come across a dead body while working in my park. So, Mondy, this happens:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/...n1.4ba90dc.html

And the perp is still loose.
Posted by: phat

Re: Parking lot of death........ - 09/09/09 08:16 PM

Owch.. were you the "passer by"?
Posted by: gorge_medic

Re: Parking lot of death........ - 09/09/09 08:40 PM

I worked a similar case last January...young guy got shot then dumped by the road on the outskirts of my local hiking area (as it happened, I was working on the ambulance that went out there). First chance I'd had to see someone literally frozen.

Re: Parking lot of death........ - 09/09/09 11:08 PM

No....I found out that morning when detectives started ringing doorbells. The guys were shot multiple times and not a sound.
I can hear car doors close down there from my bedroom. No one heard a thing. I suspect the shooter shot from inside of his car into theirs.
Working to have the parking lot plowed up and blocked off. Tired of all the druggies and party trash.
Posted by: kevonionia

Re: Parking lot of death........ - 09/11/09 03:40 AM

Paul:

Guess that's the trouble of any nature preserve close to millions. A nice dumping ground for those who see it as a quiet place to dump a body. If you plowed up the parking lot, where would the people who hike there park?

All nature parks -- no matter where they are located -- are under assault is the basic lesson I'm left with.

Posted by: Tango61

Re: Parking lot of death........ - 09/11/09 08:18 PM

Dryer,
So sorry to hear this. We did some prep hikes there last year.

Tango

Re: Parking lot of death........ - 09/12/09 12:11 AM

Kevon, that lot has been trouble since we built it. There is a main lot to the west and my trailhead and parking to the east. Wouldn't be a problem.
Posted by: Wolfstuka

Re: Parking lot of death........ - 10/04/09 10:40 PM

And a ranger has the nerve(ignorance I suppose) to ask why I was carrying a 5 inch knife in the park.... too many wackos/criminals these days.