This explains a lot.

Posted by: intrek38

This explains a lot. - 12/27/08 10:31 PM

I came across this info on another site. So now there is proof why us backpackers are so much smarter compared to nonbackpackers. http://www.backpacker.com/blogs/632
Posted by: chaz

Re: This explains a lot. - 12/28/08 10:05 AM

Looks like a plug for Bpacker mag. to me. Just getting out and breathing fresh air will improve your mind which will in turn allow you to think better. Did anyone wear a backpack during the study? Take a bunch of city folk, put a 25 lb. pack on em and get them to walk/hike 10 or 12 miles and test em the next day. LOL
Posted by: intrek38

Re: This explains a lot. - 12/28/08 02:48 PM

The city can take a lot out of a person, and the wilderness can put a lot into a person.
But then I guess that could work both ways, depending who you are...

I think its a given that the Wilderness is good for you, no matter how worn out you may get... No study required....
Posted by: Wolfeye

Re: This explains a lot. - 12/28/08 11:32 PM

I feel that walking or driving through cities takes a lot of attention, and that the brain tends to block out details just to cope. All of that can take a lot out of a person, mentally. I think I'm clearer in the head after a good walk in nature. cool
Posted by: ringtail

Re: This explains a lot. - 12/29/08 12:55 PM

The really smart people can get paid to do studies that prove what we already know. crazy