Homemade Wanderlust

Posted by: Bill Kennedy

Homemade Wanderlust - 05/13/18 03:16 PM

Has anyone else been following "Dixie" on YouTube?

She hiked the AT in 2015, her first backpacking experience, and did the PCT in 2017, and is currently on the CDT.

She video-blogged all along the way, and did it really well, IMO, and also has made many other thru-hiking-oriented videos in between. I think there are several hundred videos altogether.

The unique part, though, is Dixie herself. The word "charming" comes to mind. Anyway here's a link to "Homemade Wanderlust":

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhqmV26773qZhzqJz4VFcw/videos
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Homemade Wanderlust - 05/13/18 05:13 PM

I’ve seen a dozen or so of her videos, and you pretty well nailed it. She is both entertaining and informative, without being preachy. I’ll probably continue to dabble from time to time.
Posted by: 4evrplan

Re: Homemade Wanderlust - 05/14/18 11:48 AM

I have. I haven't seen them all, but I've watched a bunch. She's definitely got some good info.
Posted by: snapper

Re: Homemade Wanderlust - 08/01/18 01:02 PM

Homemade Wanderlust is one of the few sites I've actually subscribed to on YouTube. I've been in touch with Jessica (AKA: Dixie) and hope to have her speak on our campus at the end of her CDT hike. I think she's got a lot to offer a typical college audience in regard to addressing issues our students face every day like personal growth and taking on challenges.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper
Posted by: wildnfree

Re: Homemade Wanderlust - 08/22/18 04:41 AM

I watches some of her videos and it's informative. Just one thing I don't like is the video is not stable so sometimes it's uncomfortable to watch.