Heatwave+thunderstorms=drama

Posted by: Rick_D

Heatwave+thunderstorms=drama - 08/16/20 05:25 PM

The West Coast is broiling under record temperatures and we had a band of thunderstorms roll though this morning. Seems likely they'll trigger fires in the Sierra and southern Cascades, so check carefully before heading up the hill the next couple days.

Lots of NF offices are shut down so good information can be hard to come by. Calfire is a helpful starting point.

Cal Fire

Stay safe,
Posted by: balzaccom

Re: Heatwave+thunderstorms=drama - 08/17/20 09:29 AM

Yep. Unseasonable and bizarre weather here in Napa. I'm glad I'm not up in the mountains right now...
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Heatwave+thunderstorms=drama - 08/19/20 03:11 PM

Fires all over California right now. Ash is falling on the Bay Area and my youngest grandchild (age 2) persists in singing, "Ashes, ashes, we all fall down."
Posted by: balzaccom

Re: Heatwave+thunderstorms=drama - 08/19/20 10:34 PM

Napa County is on fire. Massive evacuations of major parts of the county to the east of Napa Valley itself. And I-80 is closed east of us. Quite overwhelming right now.
Posted by: Rick_D

Re: Heatwave+thunderstorms=drama - 08/21/20 11:46 PM

We got caught in the I-80 closure Wednesday evening after delivering our kid to college. Our 1.5 hour drive there turned into a 5+ hour slog back home, meandering through farm country with every semi on the planet.

You could bag our air and sell it as insulation.

Ugh.