croatia,slovenia,italy

Posted by: tom and becky

croatia,slovenia,italy - 10/20/12 06:32 PM

hi we are planning a trip to croatia,slovenia and italy and are walking the entire way starting in dubrovnic and would like it if any body knew of some campsites along the coastline of any of these countries thank you .
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: croatia,slovenia,italy - 10/20/12 06:57 PM

Are you thinking of "backpacking" in terms of wilderness trekking (which is what this forum is about), or in terms of budget travel? If the latter, I suggest you consult a travel forum such as Lonely Planet.

Posted by: tom and becky

Re: croatia,slovenia,italy - 10/20/12 08:06 PM

we are not budget travelling, it's literally backpacking and want to know what campsites are good to stay at along the coast line and what to avoid?
Posted by: aimless

Re: croatia,slovenia,italy - 10/22/12 03:04 PM

I have not done what you propose to do, but it makes me curious whether you are modeling your trip on something you know others have done, or is this a pure shot in the dark, and adventure you dreamed up and got excited about? As I say, it is mere curiosity that makes me ask.

I have so little specific information for you that the best advice I can give is, alas, all too obvious: the more completely you know the language, the more successful your trip will be in every respect. Assuming locals will know english becomes less and less reliable the further one gets from cities and from localities on the beaten tourist path. Knowing the language will not only allow you to gather reliable local information, but also interact with the local people at a much deeper and more satisfying level.

Good luck.
Posted by: OttoStover

Re: croatia,slovenia,italy - 10/31/12 12:02 AM

Well google is your friend, I just tried "camping croatia" and this http://www.camping.hr/ turned up. I have been to croatia twice, and older people also speak german. But you will be able to get around with just english ( or more correct american blush ) The eastern europe countries also learned russian, but avoid that. Most people becomes oysters when russian are spoken. I think they have been vaccinated aginst it. eek

Croatia is friendly and rather cheap, and also quite clean. If you go in the summer it will be terribly hot. But that you may have found out.