Montenegro, Serbia. Advice.

Posted by: Dtrud

Montenegro, Serbia. Advice. - 01/11/12 07:22 AM

Hi folks. Been perusing the forums for a bit and needed to ask some advice. I am a film/television student in Ottawa, Canada. I was recently selected to do an internship in Montenegro, Serbia for 2 months where I would like to travel on the cheap while shooting some of my travels.

Can anyone recommend a good site for tips and discussions on travelling in Serbia? I haven't found many people who've done it and was hoping to hear about people's experiences in that country.

Thanks!
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Montenegro, Serbia. Advice. - 01/11/12 12:27 PM

This site is for backpacking as Americans and most Canadians define it, which is wilderness trekking to those in other hemispheres. Many of us have traveled, of course, but that isn't the primary purpose of this forum. I suggest you google "travel" rather than "backpacking."

There are a number of travel forums, such as Lonely Planet, that would provide better information.

It sounds like an interesting trip!
Posted by: aimless

Re: Montenegro, Serbia. Advice. - 01/11/12 12:30 PM

As you perused the forums, you may have noticed that our subject matter is entirely centered around wilderness hiking on backcountry trails, as opposed to low-cost international travel. It isn't entirely clear from your post, but were you thinking of tramping around Serbia's mountains on foot?

No matter. If someone here has traveled in Serbia they're likely to pipe up, but in the meantime you might want to check out the international travel forums at lonelyplanet.com. Good luck with your internship. I'm pretty sure you'll have a wonderful time. Stay healthy!
Posted by: TomD

Re: Montenegro, Serbia. Advice. - 01/11/12 02:28 PM

There are many budget travel websites. Lonely Planet, which sells books, is a good one. Look for their Thorn Tree forum on the site. Also BootsnAll.com.
Posted by: Dtrud

Re: Montenegro, Serbia. Advice. - 01/11/12 05:18 PM

Thanks for the comments guys. We will be doing some heavy hiking, which is why I was asking (though I probably should've been more specific). I'm also following other web boards as my internship is coming up quickly.

Thanks again for the redirections.