Christmas day Roxborough hike

Posted by: kevonionia

Christmas day Roxborough hike - 12/29/10 01:09 AM

I attempted to put the following pix in the Photography section (in yet another attempt), but I cannot for the life of me make it work. So I'll post them here.

This is a hike Christmas day, the only day the store that I work at is closed, and of course the day my wife had to work a long shift at the airport. So I did a solo hike in Roxborough SP, Colorado, my 4th trek there since Nov. Perfect wx, perfect clouds, mild temps -- so mild that I was in a t-shirt (on Dec. 25th!) Saw my first bald eagle ever while hiking, and stumbled upon a good sized buck.

from the Rim Trail.

Posted by: sjohnny

Re: Christmas day Roxborough hike - 12/29/10 08:24 AM

Breathtaking!
Posted by: ChrisFol

Re: Christmas day Roxborough hike - 01/02/11 01:11 AM

Awesome pics, were abouts is Roxborough SP? I don't think that I have been there. How are the trails, are they pretty similar to most of Jeffco's Open Spaces?

Seems like an interesting area that I may have to look at.

Posted by: ALLEN

Re: Christmas day Roxborough hike - 01/02/11 05:11 AM

Thanks for sharing the photo's. Love B/W pictures.
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: Christmas day Roxborough hike - 01/02/11 01:59 PM

Nice!

Love the photos Kevon. Wish I could've been there with you!
Posted by: finallyME

Re: Christmas day Roxborough hike - 01/04/11 03:03 PM

Awesome pics, especially the buck.
Posted by: Richardvg03

Re: Christmas day Roxborough hike - 01/04/11 03:23 PM

That's a big muley!
Posted by: skcreidc

Re: Christmas day Roxborough hike - 01/04/11 04:04 PM

You have a good eye for photo opportunities Kevon. Very nice!

sk
Posted by: ringtail

Re: Christmas day Roxborough hike - 01/04/11 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By skcreidc
You have a good eye for photo opportunities Kevon. Very nice!

sk

Bingo!!!! I have hiked most all the locations in Kevon trip reports. His pictures capture the beauty as well any I have ever seen. Professional grade pictures.

OK, dondos are very good also.

We are all lucky that they are willing to share them.
Posted by: Loomis

Re: Christmas day Roxborough hike - 01/04/11 04:54 PM

Terrific photographs! I wish there were bucks that big where I hunt.
Posted by: skcreidc

Re: Christmas day Roxborough hike - 01/05/11 01:45 PM

Yea Ringtail, Dondo's photos are nice too! I found his trip site prior to finding this forum and he has some pretty good stuff. Mine...not so good, but I will have to start putting some up anyway.

SK

Kevon, keep up the artistic camera work. You have a color version of the cabin shot?
Posted by: kevonionia

Re: Christmas day Roxborough hike - 01/06/11 02:30 AM

ChrisFol:

I didn't even know of this place until 2 months ago. And from any high spot in the park you can see downtown Denver in the distance (to the NNE.) It's down by Waterton Canyon and surrounded by Pike Nat'l Forest, Waterton Canyon and Douglas County Open Space parkland on 3 sides. Excellent place to hike or train to get in shape from Nov. to April when it's too nasty to snowshoe higher up. You can make it a full day by leaving the park and heading up into Pike NF, but you can't camp in Roxborough, and you can't leave a car in the park or its lots after sundown, so you can't hike thru it and camp outside of it.