Packit Gourmet

Posted by: ETSU Pride

Packit Gourmet - 09/02/14 09:08 PM

So I managed to get a pack of Austintacious Tortilla Soup from Packit Gourmet, and holy crap it was awesome! SOOOOO GOOOOOOOD. The lime they give you to add at the end really makes it amazing. I plan to order more and give their Market Pasta Puttanesca a shot. My friend loves their Gumbo and likes their Big Un Burrito as well.

But seriously, guys, give their Austintacious Tortilla Soup a shot on your next cold mountain adventure.
Posted by: bluefish

Re: Packit Gourmet - 09/05/14 06:42 AM

The Putanesca is perhaps the best trail meal I've ever had. Knowing how good their products are, I saved it for a special place in the Grand Canyon for us. It did not disappoint. We'll have to try the Tortilla Soup. We just got a dehydrator, but I don't think we'll ever come up with meals near as tasty and well developed. PG is a great company, in my opinion.
Posted by: shane

Re: Packit Gourmet - 09/08/14 05:43 PM

Thanks for the tip, I will check that one out.
Posted by: Hawke

Re: Packit Gourmet - 09/09/14 07:51 PM

I really like the Tortilla Soup as well. The Bangers and Mash was suprisingly delicious, although it was a little more finicky on the prep. I also really like the hamburger wraps. I don't take anything to wrap-just eat it straight. Yum!
Posted by: gaustin

Re: Packit Gourmet - 12/18/14 11:24 AM

I will have to try those, thank you for the info smile
Posted by: binfordw

Re: Packit Gourmet - 04/05/15 04:08 AM

I like packits stuff too. Will be trying Bangers/mash, burger wraps and the tex mex breakfast wraps this next weekend.

Don't think I've had anything I didn't like from them yet. Although my wife did say the Broccoli bisq(sp?) wasn't all that great, it had a lot of stalks/stems in it.

The diner eggs are probably my favorite so far.
Posted by: brownwetdog

Re: Packit Gourmet - 01/24/16 10:03 AM

I'm also a fan of PackIt Gourmet. The preparation for some dinners can be a bit fussy, but the product is always good. After a few weeks on the trail, PackIt Gourmet tastes more like 'real food' and doesn't seem to have that freeze-dried food effect on my digestion like other freeze dried products. Big Un Burrito is my favorite. Carol