L'equip 528 - anyone find a source in Canada?

Posted by: phat

L'equip 528 - anyone find a source in Canada? - 01/10/12 11:22 PM

Ok, I'm about to break down and finally ask for a dehydrator for my birthday..

Anyone seen a good source north of the border - our costco's appear to only carry the small Nesco jobbies...

Posted by: Hawke

Re: L'equip 528 - anyone find a source in Canada? - 01/11/12 07:23 AM

Get an Excalibur. They often offer refurb ones with the same 10 yr 100% warranty for much cheaper on their website. Excals are the Lamborghini of the dehydrating world. I wouldn't trade mine for anything.
Posted by: CamperMom

Re: L'equip 528 - anyone find a source in Canada? - 01/11/12 09:15 AM

I've been referring to my Excalibur as "the Cadillac" of food dehydrators, but I like Lamborghini even better...

Phat-Take a look at the food-preserving@yahoogroups list. Ask their opinion of the Nesco. They may say it is worthwhile. I am not familiar with that one. I got a deal on an Excalibur on eBay long ago and love it.

CM
Posted by: sarbar

Re: L'equip 528 - anyone find a source in Canada? - 01/11/12 09:35 AM

I wonder if Amazon sources the Le up your way? Personally one reason I love the Le so much is it is quietly elegant. It isn't clunky nor large. Fits on the counter nicely.

And it doesn't break the bank either!
Posted by: PappyBanjo

Re: Dehydrators - 01/11/12 02:05 PM

On Alton Brown's cooking show he has shown how to make a food dehydrator out of heater filters and a box fan. He has used that set up for Jerky, herbs, and fruit.

I haven't tried it myself. I was wondering if anybody here has.
Posted by: Heather-ak

Re: L'equip 528 - anyone find a source in Canada? - 01/11/12 06:56 PM

I love mine!! Worst case I bought mine local and could send it (a new one, not mine) to you or you significant other.

Though Amazon does say "Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S."
Posted by: Kent W

Re: L'equip 528 - anyone find a source in Canada? - 01/19/12 09:33 AM

Phat I have the Nesco Proffesional. I Bought it online did a search after reading reveiws. I went on Nextag and did best price search. With shipping it was cheaper than my local store. Later I ordered 2 additional trays and a couple more fruit leather trays. Do it they are great!