Pad Thai discovery

Posted by: jpanderson80

Pad Thai discovery - 12/31/08 10:55 AM

This might be old news, but I don't remember anyone ever mentioning it...
I found a great Pad Thai noodles mix. It's called "A TASTE OF THAI quick meal". I found it at wal-Mart next to the ramen. The box is shaped like a rice to-go carton. If had it for lunch at work, jsut to try it out, and I think I'd love it on the trail. It even comes with a small pouch of peanuts. I never thought I'd get this type of food on the trail.

A Taste of Thai website
Posted by: chaz

Re: Pad Thai discovery - 12/31/08 11:04 AM

Since being introduced to real Indian cooking and all the flavor it has, I've quit eating red meat (beef and Pork).
I still eat chicken and fish, but don't miss meat. There are tons of options while on the trail. I have to have nice food with flavor on the trail. To me that's part of the fun. I'm not in the woods to be survivorman. I'll leave the suffering to him. LOL
Posted by: sarbar

Re: Pad Thai discovery - 12/31/08 07:04 PM

Trader Joe's carries sometimes a similar line, as does Target smile All are quite tasty!
Posted by: Jim M

Re: Pad Thai discovery - 01/08/09 12:17 AM

I put it on my list! Tnx
Posted by: going rafting

Re: Pad Thai discovery - 06/03/09 12:40 PM

I made pad thai for some campers, once. I used one lb. of vermicelli for four people. I mixed the sauce myself: Peanut butter, soy sauce, chili paste, garlic, and added some fresh cut onions and peanuts. It was really easy to make and everyone was surprised to get it several days into a camping trip. It's even good after it cools off.