dog bowl?

Posted by: orclwzrd

dog bowl? - 11/12/15 08:56 AM

What kind of dog bowls do you hike with? I've looked at the collapsible nylon ones and they look great for food but look like they will wet thru shortly. And how do you pack your dog bowl? Separate ones for water and food? My dog is a chowhound malamute, feeding time at home is a leaping wooing carnival.

John
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: dog bowl? - 11/12/15 12:36 PM

I used one of those collapsible nylon bowls, but it was hard to clean and always collapsed at the wrong time, inevitably miles from water when carried water supplies were runing low. It finally got chewed up! After that I used a Ziploc plastic bowl. It's flexible, cleans easily and fits nicely in a dog pack around a plastic bag of dog kibble.

I used just one bowl, for both food and water.
Posted by: finallyME

Re: dog bowl? - 01/27/16 02:32 PM

I use a collapsible silicon bowl. I rarely used it for water. My mal always drank out of the natural water sources directly.
Posted by: BlueMelody

Re: dog bowl? - 06/02/16 03:17 PM

I use the collapsible silicon kind as well, but they tend to break after so many uses. I still like them though because I attach them to the outside of my day pack or backpack with D-rings for easy access when my dog gets hungry or thirsty. I use 2 separate bowls because they're lightweight and really don't take up space.