Cooking fish.

Posted by: ChrisFol

Cooking fish. - 07/30/09 11:55 AM

For those of us who love to eat our catch; what is your method of doing so-- what equipment do you use (fry-pans, stoves, pots, pans etc)and what is your favorite way to prepare and season them?

Posted by: lori

Re: Cooking fish. - 07/30/09 12:51 PM

Foil wrapped, in the coals of a small fire. Garlic salt, lemon juice. mmmmm. Could also roast them on a stick. I never take fry pans.
Posted by: Dryer

Re: Cooking fish. - 07/30/09 06:31 PM

Like lori said, foil. However, I never carry foil or pans and like to roast bass/trout/bluegill/crappie using a skewer or twig grate. The skewer thing came from my Boy Scout days and they are still teaching it. No seasoning at all. I like to use a bigger stick than the article below shows.

http://boyslife.org/outdoors/outdoorarticles/2737/scout-program-cooking/
Posted by: Jimshaw

Re: Cooking fish. - 08/01/09 04:45 PM

Dryer,
Gee Boyslife is still around!

Anyway I push a skewer through the fish exactly like the way shown. I slit the belly open first and clean the fish, and I tend to lay them flat with each end of the skewer sitting on a rock over low coals.

OR I use a light grill with aluminum foil on top of it and cook in olive oil.
Jim
Posted by: Haiwee

Re: Cooking fish. - 08/02/09 11:53 AM

A little margarine and lemon pepper, wrapped in foil and cooked right in the coals. When you peel back the foil the skin comes right off; then fish on a Trisquit with a dab of Rooster Sauce. Yum!