Daylight Saving Time

Posted by: Bill Kennedy

Daylight Saving Time - 03/10/24 04:03 PM

I made the switch to daylight saving time, but at my age, I can only spring forward in 15-minute increments.
Posted by: PerryMK

Re: Daylight Saving Time - 03/11/24 08:31 AM

There would be fewer complaints if we sprang forward 1 hour on a Friday around 4pm.
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Daylight Saving Time - 03/11/24 10:57 AM

Heard a commmentator (clearly not a special-tater) say that Daylight Saving time gives us more daylight. Obviously it doesn't give us more - just moves the same amount around a little.

God, I miss Walter Cronkite.

I once overheard a small-town Indiana conversation in which one Hoosier told his friend he was glad Indiana didn't use Daylight Saving time, but instead stayed on "God's time." I assumed he attended the First Church of the Great Western Railway.

Which reminds me of the time on Newlywed Game when the question was "Each day, from your bedroom at your house, what direction does the sun rise?" One husband guessed North, one guessed South, and the other guessed West. Sadly, none of the wives had written down "East."
Posted by: Bill Kennedy

Re: Daylight Saving Time - 03/14/24 06:43 AM

Newscasters...slowly I turned...
Since those of us in the grammar pollce aren't yet issued a license to kill, I feel an occasional rant is necessary. I heard a newscaster the other night, at the location of a crime, say, "This tree is where the scene was at."
Equally stupid, the other day, that scrolling banner at the bottom of the screen (called a chyron, I think) read: "Killing leaves man dead."
Posted by: aimless

Re: Daylight Saving Time - 03/14/24 03:46 PM

I understand the urge to join the grammar police, but I have to say that "Killing leaves man dead" is pure comedy gold. laugh
Posted by: packlite

Re: Daylight Saving Time - 03/15/24 10:48 AM

lol