A rainy day riddle.

Posted by: Gershon

A rainy day riddle. - 08/27/14 10:56 AM

There was a man that lived on the 56th floor of a building. He takes the elevator. If it is sunny then he goes to the 32nd floor and takes the stairs the rest of the way, if it is rainy then he goes all the way up. Why?
Posted by: DTape

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 08/27/14 01:11 PM

He is really short and can't reach the elevator button for the 56th floor. When it is raining, he pushes the button with his umbrella.
Posted by: Gershon

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 08/27/14 01:32 PM

That's it.
Posted by: aimless

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 08/27/14 01:55 PM

I should think that it would be simpler to carry a stick of appropriate length on those non-rainy days than to climb all those flights of stairs. laugh
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 08/28/14 09:39 PM

On the other hand, all those stairs help him stay in shape. No doubt he will live longer, especially if it doesn't rain often.

Posted by: TravelGenesi

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 08/23/17 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By DTape
He is really short and can't reach the elevator button for the 56th floor. When it is raining, he pushes the button with his umbrella.

Wow! I wouldn't have thought of this answer. Great job, DTape! wink
Posted by: Jim M

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 10/19/17 12:35 AM

The receptionist on the 32 floor is very attractive and he is trying to get a date, so he stops there to chat with her.
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 10/20/17 08:18 PM

Let’s try another:

You’re driving a bus, starting from the bus barn. At the first stop, 3 people get on (two men and a woman.)
At the next stop, 1 man gets off and 3 men and 5 women get on. At the next stop, a man, a woman and a child get on; 2 men and a woman get off.

At the next stop, the man, woman and child get off and 2 children get on. Next, a man and 2 women get off and 5 men get on.

Ready to solve it?

Are you sure?

Get ready:

What is the bus driver’s name? (For bonus points, is the driver a man or a woman?)
Posted by: GrumpyGord

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 10/20/17 09:12 PM

Bus driver is GrumpyGord. The riddle said that I was driving the bus. Driver is male.

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 10/20/17 09:58 PM

You’d be amazed how many people get caught up in what appears to be a math problem, and forget the first word. (Granddaughters, nieces, nephews, even wife - with predictable result that she stated emphatically that my parents were never married.)

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 10/20/17 10:01 PM

A plane crashes exactly on the US - Canadian border (one wing on one side, one wing on the other.) Which country autopsies the survivors?
Posted by: 4evrplan

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 10/21/17 10:59 AM

No one. You don't autopsy the living.

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 10/21/17 01:51 PM

You guys are a much tougher crowd than my granddaughters (that’s probably a good thing. smile )
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 10/21/17 04:25 PM

I'll try this one:

You live in a house in which all the windows face south. You look out the window and see a bear. What color is the bear?
Posted by: aimless

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 10/21/17 07:35 PM

White. If you live dead center on the North Pole and therefore the windows on all four sides of your house look south.

However, it seems equally possible that you live in a house without windows on three of its sides, in which case, the bear is probably some variation on brown, dark brown, black, or cinnamon color. It's hard to say which. laugh

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 10/23/17 07:52 AM

Let’s revisit the bus riddle. How many people were on the bus after the last stop?

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 10/23/17 10:45 AM

12? I did it in my head, so I may have lost track.
Posted by: GrumpyGord

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 10/23/17 11:55 AM

Originally Posted By Glenn Roberts
You guys are a much tougher crowd than my granddaughters (that’s probably a good thing. smile )

Sometimes the grandkids are not into the humor of the situation. The other day my 14 year old grandson who is just starting chemistry got into the difference between carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide so I asked him if he knew the difference between H2O and H1O and he got into the unbalanced charges etc. So I told him that the H1O was half a glass of water and he just was completely baffled.

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 10/23/17 03:49 PM

We went on an Alaskan cruise with the granddaughters (and those people they live with), and as we got off for the first port call in Alaska, I asked them if they’d like to have some Alaskan money to spend. They said yes, so I gave them each a dollar bill. Evidently, I found that more humorous than they did. (Perhaps I’d have gotten better results with a twenty?)

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 10/23/17 03:51 PM

You’re right! (Usually, everyone forgets to count the driver.)

Re: A rainy day riddle. - 10/23/17 10:07 PM

To be fair, these would probably all stump me if you asked me in person. I process written and verbal information totally differently.