And God created Cat

Posted by: PerryMK

And God created Cat - 03/27/13 08:28 AM

After awhile, it came to pass that Adam's guardian angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam has become filled with pride. He struts and preens like a peacock and believes he is worthy of adoration. You have indeed taught him that he is loved, but no one has taught him humility."

And the Lord said, "No problem! I will create for him, a companion who will be with him forever and who will see him as he is. The companion will remind him of his limitations, so he will know he is not worthy of adoration."

And God created Cat to be a companion for Adam.

And Cat would not obey Adam.

And when Adam gazed into Cat's eyes, he was reminded that he was not the supreme being.

And Adam learned humility.

And God was pleased.

And Adam's guardian angel was pleased.

And Adam was pleased.

And Cat did not care one way or the other.

Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: And God created Cat - 03/27/13 01:10 PM

"I am the Cat who walks by himself, and all creatures are alike to me."
--Rudyard Kipling
Posted by: Jimshaw

Re: And God created Cat - 03/28/13 05:28 PM

Yeah well crazy sick - theres a great National Geo "And Man Created Dog". grin Cats seem to be an accidental combination of stupidity, stealth, instinct and body. shocked If a mountain lion is looking at you, its because hes trying to figure out how to kill you and hasn't got it yet. Yer pet cat only licks you pretending hes eating you. blush Now dogs are loyal and WANT to be your friend and will hunt and bring food home to feed the pack. grin

And yeah it was sorta funny "the cat didn't care".

hmm, does this mean that Man did a better job creating Dog than God did creating Cat???
Jim grin
Posted by: Gershon

Re: And God created Cat - 03/28/13 11:45 PM

Jim,

Cats bring food to me. They sometimes leave a mouse in my shoe at night. Other times, I find a headless rabbit under the dining room table.

One of my cats even brought me a rattlesnake while I was sitting at my computer. I killed it with a hoe, and then took the snake outside and let it go.

Gershon
Posted by: Heather-ak

Re: And God created Cat - 03/29/13 02:25 PM

Our inside only cat walks around with a "trophy" toy and leaves it for us. I'm sure if she had access to a mouse (that she could catch) she would bring it in for us as well.

I do admit that the dog we had was a better mouser than our cats.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: And God created Cat - 03/29/13 03:36 PM

Then there was the time our beagle realized the dream of all beagles and caught a rabbit in the back yard (I suspect that one of the neighborhood cats had already disabled it, since there was no beagle bawling going on outside). I awoke in the middle of the night to crunching sounds on the carpet outside my bedroom door!
Posted by: BZH

Re: And God created Cat - 04/01/13 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By Gershon
Jim,

Cats bring food to me. They sometimes leave a mouse in my shoe at night. Other times, I find a headless rabbit under the dining room table....

I think that is an indication more about how the cat feels about the mouse and the rabbit than how the cat feels about you.
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: And God created Cat - 04/18/13 02:03 PM

My wife says they are called "cats" because all the other four-letter words were taken. Needless to say, no cats reside at our house. smile
Posted by: GrumpyGord

Re: And God created Cat - 04/18/13 02:12 PM

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.
Posted by: kevinhansen

Re: And God created Cat - 04/18/13 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By GrumpyGord
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

So true. I'm greatful our cat lets us live here.
Posted by: Robotmoose

Re: And God created Cat - 04/22/13 03:06 PM

Presently using my cat's computer to read this.
I remember a time when I thought it was my computer...
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: And God created Cat - 04/22/13 05:43 PM

And now you also know why it's called a "mouse." smile
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: And God created Cat - 04/23/13 07:31 PM

My wife has an app on her iPhone just for her cats to play with, and they play with it too. (Yes, I am married to a crazy cat lady) crazy
Posted by: finallyME

Re: And God created Cat - 08/12/13 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By Gershon
Jim,

Cats bring food to me. They sometimes leave a mouse in my shoe at night. Other times, I find a headless rabbit under the dining room table.

One of my cats even brought me a rattlesnake while I was sitting at my computer. I killed it with a hoe, and then took the snake outside and let it go.

Gershon

Now that one is just funny. smile Thankfully, my daughter is allergic to cats. But, she isn't allergic to dogs or rabbits.
Posted by: bluefish

Re: And God created Cat - 08/12/13 04:52 PM

sigh.....so many cats, so few recipes.