Login Mystery

Posted by: DJ2

Login Mystery - 01/31/13 11:02 AM

I have to login each time I visit the site.

I type my user name and then move the cursor to the password line. My password is automatically entered.

I've selected the "remember me" option but I must go through the steps above each time I visit.

Any ideas how I could get automatically signed in without going though the steps above? I'm only having this problem at this site.
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: Login Mystery - 02/02/13 11:35 AM

Try deleting the cookie from this site in your web browser and go through the process again. Sometimes those get corrupted.

Re: Login Mystery - 02/02/13 03:30 PM

Bill,

Thanks for the help. That solved the problem for one sign-in then things reverted back to the way they were.

I'm having some luck now after unchecking the "remember password" option on the sign in screen. Will have to wait and see what happens over time.

Daryl
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: Login Mystery - 02/04/13 06:12 PM

Check to make sure your web browser preferences are set to allow cookies from backpacking.net. It will mess you up if they're not.

It also might help to know what web browser you're using, and what kind of computer/operating system. If you don't already have it, you might download the Firefox Web Browser and try it out. That might make it easier (for me) to help figure out.

Re: Login Mystery - 02/06/13 08:09 PM

Bill,

"allow cookies from backpacking.net"

Did this and things are working again.

I have a new computer with Windows 8 and IE 10. Others have reported password problems with this combo.

I'm already finding a steep learning curve with this new computer so I don't want to add Firefox to the mix.

Thanks,

Daryl