Which Bike Is Best For Travelling

Posted by: thorman

Which Bike Is Best For Travelling - 12/25/20 03:25 AM

Hello Everyone I am thinking A tour By bike I want to hang-out All india Throgh Bike I just want to know Through My post that which bike Is Best for Travelling.
Posted by: 4evrplan

Re: Which Bike Is Best For Travelling - 01/04/21 10:15 AM

I'm by no means an expert, but I know it depends a lot on your criteria. For example, will you be transporting the bike by train, plane, or car? If so, look for a folding bike or at least one that disassembles easily. If you're going to travel by bike the entire time and not by other conveyances, and if you'll stick to paved roads, then a road bike (skinny tires, smooth tread) may be best. If you prefer a more upright sitting position, then try out a "comfort" bike. If you'll be doing off-road traveling, try a mountain bike. And, there are other categories besides...

Define your criteria, the mission you want to do exactly. What road conditions will you encounter? How steep are the grades? How many miles per day? Then talk to bike experts. Don't talk to just one, because there are different opinions, and some may be trying to sell you something. Try to get the big picture before you buy.
Posted by: benhatchins@

Re: Which Bike Is Best For Travelling - 08/20/23 05:48 PM

I would go for an electric bike. Especially if you travel with kids or take lots of belongings with you.
Posted by: DustinV

Re: Which Bike Is Best For Travelling - 08/21/23 01:03 PM

The above are excellent questions and suggestions, to start with. I'll add couple more:
What access to repair facilities will you have?
Are you going on a tour with a group or by yourself?
Camping or staying in hotels at night?

If I were to go on a tour without knowing a lot in advance, my default bike would be a mountain bike of some sort, as they are durable and versatile. But the more I know about the tour, I would pick more of a specialized bike and associated bags/accessories.
Posted by: aimless

Re: Which Bike Is Best For Travelling - 08/21/23 02:06 PM

Perhaps someone else may benefit from this discussion, but the person originally asking for advice posted their question in 2020. frown