Anyone selling a kelty redwing 50?

Posted by: Lostpoet

Anyone selling a kelty redwing 50? - 02/27/22 04:30 PM

Hello everyone, if this is against the rules I apologize. I'm looking for a second hand but in good condition redwing 50 preferable black \ asphalt color. Let me know if so but don't ask me to email you or do something fishy I won't respond if you do.

Thanks 👍
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Anyone selling a kelty redwing 50? - 02/27/22 05:00 PM

Is there any reason that it needs to be a Kelty Redwing specifically, or would you be open to similar packs from other makers?

It's getting to be clearance sale time on most websites, so if you have some time before you need it for a trip, you might be able to get a new one for the price of a used one. (I just checked, and Backcountry Gear, one of this website's sponsors, carries the Redwing; they are currently running a "20% off one item" sale, and Kelty isn't on the exclusion list. So, a new Kelty Redwing 50 would cost $104 today - and I think shipping would be free, too. It doesn't say when the coupon expires.) Click on the logo at the top of this page, and this website gets a small commission if you buy one.
Posted by: Lostpoet

Re: Anyone selling a kelty redwing 50? - 03/01/22 10:44 PM

Thank you for recommending to check that out. 20% of off is a great deal. I'd be jumping on it except I'm actually looking for the older version of this pack. The one where the grab handle in the front is hidden from view it's The "perfect fit" version.
That said I'll look to see what other gear I might order from them and I'd definitely be open to other packs with a similar styles. I named the kelty bc so far it's the only 1 I found that checks all the boxes for me. I'm looking for a clam shell design with at least 3 separate pockets aside from the main compartment. The sleeves under the side pockets for treking poll's\axe etc...and the"helmet pocket"? On back. All that and then I'd like it to look casual enough that when almost empty I could synch it tight and ignoring the hip straps almost look like I'm headed to a collage class instead of the trail.
Posted by: Jim M

Re: Anyone selling a kelty redwing 50? - 03/05/22 02:36 PM

After reading your message I looked up the redwing 50. I must admit it looks like a swell backpack with lots of good features. However I was not able to find the weight. The backback is an area many people could reduce significant weight. There are backpacks that weigh as little as a kilo or so (2.2 pounds), And others that weigh twice that.
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Anyone selling a kelty redwing 50? - 03/05/22 04:12 PM

3 pounds, 15 ounces for the men's version, 3 pounds, 1 ounce for the women's version, according to the Kelty website. Not too hateful; by comparison, Osprey's popular Atmos 50 (men) and Aura 50 (women) weigh just over 4 pounds, depending on torso size. As Jim points out, there are both lighter and heavier packs with similar volume - the difference is suspension is the main factor; the suspension is also the main factor in determining how heavy a load you can carry comfortably in any given pack.