Which Forum for parts suggestions

Posted by: MAKinForest

Which Forum for parts suggestions - 01/25/16 05:36 PM

I need to find a replacement pot lid. Do I ask in gadgets or light gear? I guess as a newbie I can't ask in the Buy & Sell, right?
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Which Forum for parts suggestions - 01/25/16 06:59 PM

You're right; you need additional valid posts before you can post in Buy & Sell.

However, trying to find out if someone else has one is not the only way to find out how to get a replacement. Someone might know of another source, or how to work through a vendor's customer service system.

I might suggest trying light gear first - it's a more active forum (based on number of posts), so you might be more likely to have someone respond.

What kind of pot lid are you looking for?
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Which Forum for parts suggestions - 01/25/16 08:40 PM

There seem to be a lot of videos on Youtube about how to make your own lid.

I have used heavy-duty aluminum foil, which is very light and will hold up for a week or two.

We have an excellent Make Your Own Gear section here, which may have some ideas.

Posted by: MAKinForest

Re: Which Forum for parts suggestions - 01/26/16 04:34 PM

Thanks. I've used foil for a while. Not the best solution but I can make due. When you're used to your gear as such-n-such, it's hard to deal with the loss. Anyway, not only would this "seal" in my mini stove and gas can but maybe I could upgrade to a strainer lid! Any 4.75" lid would be OK. I'm not brand fussy. What I have is anodized aluminum cheap-o and the only lids I found are priced such that I could but a whole new pot! I'm too old-fashioned for that. Thanks again.
Posted by: BZH

Re: Which Forum for parts suggestions - 01/26/16 04:40 PM

http://www.batchstovez.com/accessories.php

For a strainer pot lid, you want a good fit and a way to hold the lid on the pot without burning yourself. If you have that, any lid can be converted into a strainer lid with a drill.