Hello, my introduction to the forum

Posted by: Nimravus

Hello, my introduction to the forum - 01/17/13 04:36 PM

Hello everyone. Just thought I would introduce myself and how Im becoming a backpacker.

Starting at about two summers ago, I started to hike. I bought a DSLR camera, and never really used it. I always enjoyed nature and the workings. So I started to go on short hikes with the GF. It quickly became a huge thing for me. I ended up buying a Camelbak and some miscellaneous items needed for basic's. After a few the winter came I didnt have any gear to hike. So I waited patiently. Following spring/summer I started on short hikes locally, which escalated into Hikes into the Adirondacks and other longer trails.

I'm now to the point were I just wanna be outdoors for days at a time, and enjoy every piece of nature. I just bought my first tent, Easton Mountain Kilo p2. I'm patiently waiting for warmer weather so i can hit the trails and finally camp out!

I still need a sleeping bag. But im slowly getting the rest of the gear I need.

Posted by: ETSU Pride

Re: Hello, my introduction to the forum - 01/17/13 04:45 PM

Welcome aboard. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Posted by: Nimravus

Re: Hello, my introduction to the forum - 01/17/13 04:49 PM

Thank you. I will be seeking suggestions on a lightweight, but warm sleeping bag. And decent priced.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Hello, my introduction to the forum - 01/17/13 05:04 PM

Welcome! If you haven't already, check out the articles and gear lists on the home page of this site, left-hand column.
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Hello, my introduction to the forum - 01/17/13 05:17 PM

Welcome.

We're all looking for that light, warm, decent-priced sleeping bag. As others will eventually tell you about bags (and tents, and almost everything else): "Light, cheap, good - you can only have two."
Posted by: OttoStover

Re: Hello, my introduction to the forum - 01/17/13 09:50 PM

Nimravus we all want our bags to be light, warm and cheap. The trouble is you may only choose two of these adjektives. So it is a question of priority. And a welcome to the forum from Norway.
Posted by: Backpackhavn

Re: Hello, my introduction to the forum - 01/18/13 08:42 AM

Welcome, hope you will enjoy the forum and hope you find the perfect sleeping bag. Once you get hooked on hiking, I think it is a life-long favorite activity!